HEY LOOK ANOTHER BB AND OP CHAPPY

It was a nice day. Or at least, was. Optimus and Bumblebee had been on a mission with each other when the ground bridge went back out of order. There was still a bit of damage to it from when the scraplets had been at their base.

::well, at least we're not in the middle of the arctic...:: Bee says and Optimus looks down at him, the slightest of smiles on his faceplate. Only a few bots who really know him well would be able to pick up on it. They decide to look for a place to chill while they wait for Ratchet to fix the bridge. They aren't exactly well hidden in the huge clearing that they're in. They sit down by a tree, far enough away from the road that no one should be able to see them. For a moment, it's just awkward silence. Then Optimus turns towards Bumblebee. And when he did, he noticed a slightly pained expression on his faceplate. Similar to Optimus's smile, only a few people can pick up on it.

"What's wrong?" He asks and Bee jumps slightly, startled out of his daze.

::Nothing much...:: he says and Optimus gives him a look that says he's not convinced. Bumblebee sighs as best he can.

::It's just... I miss her... mom.:: he replies and Optimus stares at him for a moment. Optimus is Bee's father. They both know it, it's just... they're not allowed to act like it. They have to keep the formalities up or else the information could get into the Decepticons hands and that could be really bad for both of them. But it's moments like this that Optimus loves. Because him and Bee can finally truly be themselves. Optimus scootches a bit closer to Bumblebee and side hugs him. Bumblebee leans into it.

::It's my fault, isn't it... if I hadn't gotten lost from you and then distracted her from her battle with Megatron-:: Optimus cuts him off.

"Bumblebee, it is not your fault. You know that." He sighs. Him and Bumblebee had gone over this time and time again. But poor Bee just couldn't ever shake the guilty feeling. Back on Cybertron, when Bee was only 5 vorns old, a battle broke out where their base was. Bots were running everywhere like crazy, punches and gun blasts were being shot this way and that and Bumblebee got separated from the "escape group". He panicked and when he saw his mom, Elita-1, he just instinctively called out to her. But when he did, she was in the middle of a battle with Megatron. So when she turned to look at him and tell him to just run, Megatron took the opportunity to stab her with his sword. She died that day and Bumblebee has never forgiven himself for calling out to her.

::I know it's just... I can't help it. I feel like that if I hadn't said anything and just kept running, she would be here on Earth with us, right now. But she's not, because I distracted her.:: he says and Optimus can see the disgust on Bumblebee's faceplate. Optimus shakes his helm with a sad smile on his faceplate.

"Come here." He says and Bumblebee moves closer to him. Optimus hugs him, properly this time, and they just stay like that for a long time. As much as they both wished they could stay in that position for the rest of the day, Ratchet comms in.

::The groundbridge is working now, I'll send one for you both.:: he says and Optimus replies with an okay. The bridge appears and they both stand up.

"I love you Bumblebee." Optimus says before kissing Bumblebee on his forehelm.

::Love you too Dad.:: Bee replies before they both put their charade back on and walk through the bridge as if nothing ever happened.