Prologue

Lucy's Pov, 

It had been 5 long years. 5 years since Nashi was born. Natsu was going on mission a lot with Gray and Gajeel. Levy and I getting annoyed with it as they won't talk to us about it. Natsu has been acting different around me also. When he is around the kids he acts the same old childish Natsu that I fell in love with but when it's just us he is cold and distant. The spark between us was dying. Badly dying. I sighed sitting in the guild thinking as Levy walked over giving me a worried look. "Lu?" Levy asked as I looked at her. 

"Same problem huh?" she soon asked as I nodded. I noticed Igneel giving me a worried look from the other side of the guild as he was with Ace and Sakura. Ace, Sakura and Igneel became a team like how I used to be a part of Team Natsu. I rarely went on missions now. I was always looking at Nashi. "Mummy" I heard Nashi as I turned my head and smiled at my young daughter who was running over hugging me. I laughed a little hugging her back as I saw Natsu speaking with Gajeel. Most likely another mission.

I mentally sighed. I pulled away from the hug and kissed her forehead. "Daddy says he got another job with Uncle Gajeel" Nashi then sounded sad as I lifted her up and placed her on my lap. I poked her nose getting her to giggle and smile. "He always comes back for you and Igneel, no matter what" I then reminded Nashi as she nodded and hugged me again. I hugged back as Igneel walked over. "Hey Nashi, Raven is looking for you" Igneel pointed out as Nashi pulled away from the hug and jumped off my lap before running off.

I laughed a little. Nashi and Raven were close. "We need to talk mother" Igneel had Natsu's old serious look. I sighed as I got up and looked at Levy. "Talk later, after this Im heading home" I informed Levy who nodded. Igneel and I headed outside the guild hall and slowly started walking home. "What's with you?" Igneel asked his hands behind his head while we walked. "What you mean?" I asked as Igneel shook his head a little. "Ma you are acting different like Dad, think I haven't noticed?" Igneel soon asked.

I sighed and gave Igneel a smile. "Just your father and I ain't talk much lately" I then answered as Igneel looked a little upset. "No every time you do talk he upsets you and gets mad for no reason, I got dragon slayer hearing you know" Igneel then sounded very angry. I stopped walking making him do the same as I put my hand on his cheek. "Igneel just leave this between me and your father" I then made Igneel roll his eyes as I walked ahead, heading home. Unlike Natsu I couldn't like about my feelings to the kids.

I couldn't lie to them. As I got home I headed to my room and laid on the bed. Natsu wouldn't even join me in laying in bed anymore. He would sleep on the couch downstairs or not even sleep here at all. I closed my eyes thinking as I heard soft humming. I knew who it was. When Nashi was around 3 years old she showed off Celestail and Fire magic. I ended up giving her my keys. All my spirits were hers now. After giving her my keys I went out with Levy what shocked us was an red eclipse happened.

On that eclipse something hit me with great magic making me what Eclair calls 'Phoenix Host'. I had the powers of the Phoenix Natsu once destroyed. With this power I could see Eclair's and Momon's spirits. Momon was a talking bird, he had a large head with a small tuft on top, a small beak and round eyes, as well as small wings, feet and a tail. Momon was primarily yellow with a turquoise shirt. He was so sweet, he died trying to save Eclair from being burned at the stake by some idiot Prince.

Eclair had amber-colored eyes. She had moderately brown hair which extended down her back and was normally tied up at the back while her forehead is framed by several bangs. Eclair's outfit was reminiscent of the traditional Indian sari designed with a primarily scarlet color scheme while framed around the side with a yellow, white and orange pattern-like design and a white choli worn underneath. Eclair's body was adorned with jewellery such as golden bangles worn around the wrists of both her both arms, gold brassards worn on the middle of both her upper arms as well as gold anklets worn above her ankles and brown sandals.

They was both family to me as I saw them very often as they would help me do training. My training was very dangerous for others to help with. Eclair was the Phoenix's bride letting me see her spirit. "Lucy why are you sad?" I heard Eclair's voice asked as I closed my eyes, feeling a tear go down my cheek. "Natsu" I answered in a whisper as she would understand. Eclair soon sighed as I opened my eyes to see her floating above me, giving me a worried look. I knew one thing, my new powers were based on my emotions.

"If this keeps up, you will lose control and put your children in danger" Eclair got me thinking. Natsu and I were not talking or fighting all the time at night when we thought the kids were asleep. "You have lost the spark of love Lucy, that's normal thing to happen" Eclair then pointed out as I nodded sitting up. "Eclair that house you gave me, just out of town" I then mumbled as she looked at me, one eyebrow raised.  "Im taking it" I then got up and off the bed as I started packing.

I couldn't put my children in danger. I couldn't stand the idea of them getting hurt because of me. After packing I left a note on the side, knowing Natsu wouldn't see it most likely. I then headed out the house with Eclair's spirit following me....