18

"Summer" I heard the voice. "Hey, Summer wake up"

I opened my eyes, groaning. Eli was in front of my, running his hand down the side of my head.
I smiled up at him, and returned the smile.

"Your mom let me in. We have to go to the airport in an hour." Eli whispered. I noticed it was still dark in the house besides the dim lighting coming from the kitchen.

"What time is it?" I asked, sitting up.
"Five" Eli replied, as we walked into the kitchen. "I brought you breakfast, and coffee" he pointed to the bags on the counter.
I opened them and took out the apple cinnamon oatmeal. I sipped my coffee and ate.

I looked at Elis outfit.
Black sweatpants, and a gray sweater, with black Nikes.
Eli checked the weather, and I went upstairs to get my stuff and some clothes.
I put on a pair of Burgundy sweatpants, and Jakes old basketball sweater.
I pulled on a pair of black toms, and grabbed my suitcase, heading back downstairs.

My mom and Eli stood at the counter, drinking cups of coffee.
My mom looked over at me, and smiled, same as Eli.

"Good morning Summer" my mom said, walking over and hugging me.
"5:30 am has never been good to me" she said, laughing.
I laughed, and looked over at Eli, who hasn't taken his eyes off me.

For the next half an hour, my mom, Eli and I sat on the couch, talking and drinking coffee.
When it was time for Eli and I to leave, my mom drove us to the airport.

"We still have 20 minutes till our flight. I'm gonna go to the bathroom really quick" Eli said, standing up.
I nodded, looking down at my computer.

Eli had been gone for a few minutes, and someone started talking to me.

"Excuse me, miss?" A woman's voice said.
I looked up and saw a petite woman, holding a small purse in her shaky hands.
"Yes?" I asked.
"I'm sorry if this comes of as rude, but you're the Belmont girl right? Your brother he-" I cut the woman off.
"Yes, my name is Summer. My brother was sawed in half. A long time ago." I sighed.
"I heard about your boyfriend too. I'm sorry, sweetie. Things will get better. You'll see." The woman walked away, and Eli came back.
"Who was that?" He asked.
"I don't know. She recognized me because of Will and Jake." I closed my laptop.
"That's weird."

"Flight 32 will now be boarding at gate 3"

"That's us, let's go" Eli grabbed out bags, and I grabbed our carry on along with my laptop bag. We walked to the gate and boarded the plane.

"Yes, I got window seat" I excitedly said. Eli laughed and sat down next to me.
We ended up putting headphones in and watching a sitcom on the airplane TV.
I laid in Elis lap, and he rubbed my back. We both ended up falling asleep.

---

I woke up before Eli did, and looked over at him.
His head is leaned back, and his mouth is agape.
I chuckled, tapping his shoulder and waking him up.

"Have we landed?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.
"Yeah" I replied.
Eli nodded and took a sip of his water.
"Your tour isn't until tomorrow right?"
"Yeah" I looked away from the window and at Eli.

---

Two days later, on Sunday, I had toured campus, and Eli decided to go explore Boston.
I chose a green army jacket on top of a black halter top, blue skinny jeans, and pair of black ankle boots for the day, while Eli chose a blue sweater, black jeans, and a black vans.

I grabbed my purse and Eli's hand, and we left the hotel.

We walked through the streets of Boston, laughing and having a good time.
Eli pointed out a diner near the beach, and suggested we get some lunch.
I agreed, and we walked into the diner.

After eating, we went for a walk on the beach, before sitting down on the beach and looking out at the water.
I sat between Elis legs with my chest against his back, and he wrapped his hands around my torso.
The feeling was familiar, but foreign. Jake and I used to sit like this, and I was used to his strong, tense arms.
Eli's are relaxed.
The thought made me wish that it was Jake behind me.

"This is nice" I said. "No murders, no worrying. Just paradise." I said, and Eli agreed.
"When was the last time you got to take a second to chill out, and not worry?" Eli asked.
"The night Jake died. We were having a movie night on the roof of the school, and we didn't have anything to worry about. Everything actually felt okay." I explained, running my hand over Elis arm.
"I still can't put into words how sorry I am about Jake. And Will." Eli said, resting his chin on the top of my head.
"Its okay." I sighed.

---

"Summer" a voice woke me up from a deep sleep. It wasn't Eli's voice. I know this voice all too much.
"Jake?" I said, my voice cracking.
"Hey, beautiful. Miss me?" Jake asked, sitting down on the bed next to me.
"How is this- you're de- what is going on?" I sat up on the bed, with watery eyes.
Jake didn't have a minute to answer before I threw my arms around his neck.
He laughed, and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm not here. Just in this pretty head of yours" Jake said, tapping the side of my head with his finger.
I pulled away from the hug. "I miss you" I choked.
Jake brought his hand up and wiped the tears off my cheek. "I know, baby. I know. I miss you too. But whether I'm in a dream, or I'm a grave, just know, I'm always here with you. And I love you."

"Summer! Wake up!" Another voiced drowned out Jakes, and then he was gone.
I quickly shot up in bed, and Eli was sitting next to me, worry sketched on his face.
"What happened?" He asked. "You're crying"
"I saw him" I mumbled.
"Who?"
"Jake".