XXXVIII - Rescue Team

A/N: Here's the new cover, Skyfiredragon2000

~~~

Ur Milkovich

I laid my head against Gildarts' shoulder as I stared at the flame ahead of us, providing us with warmth. Annoyance bubbled inside, as I've wasted too much time not saving my pupil and laying around. We could move now, and get a surprise attack on them, but who knows how well that would end up? They could kill Lyon within the time it took us to get to him, I didn't want to take that risk. Oh God, what am I going to do?

I rubbed my eyes and groaned, it's been a few days and I have hardly slept, hopefully I didn't have bags under my eyes because I didn't want to asked if I was okay or not. I wasn't okay, no, because the sacrifice I made all those years ago is virtually useless since people managed to bring back that monster. Not to mention, he's a lot stronger than he was before, and I don't want to use Iced Shell again.

The flame slowly started to die down as I opened my eyes again, sitting up. "We have to move out, now." I told Gildarts, he glanced at me with concern. I was a train wreck right now, but he didn't protest as I can be very stubborn. . . . I feel like something extremely bad is going to happen soon, but I can't put my finger on it.

I looked around, my bangs rested in front of my eyes as I stepped forward, I don't recall how long we've been out here but I don't care. Lyon could be seriously injured, and if he is. . . well, it would be all my fault for taking so long. Don't worry, Lyon, I'm coming to save you now. Just bare through what happens now.

I walked on ahead to where I knew the building was, where I was tortured for no apparent reason, and where Lyon was taken to probably received the same treatment as me. After I retrieve him and we gather our strength, we're going after Deliora and his stupid servants, as well, and stopping all of them at once. With the guild's help, I know we have the strength to do that, so I'm not worried. Though, I don't know if Gildarts is going to stick around long enough to help.

I won't force him, too, but it would useful to have him on our side. Biting my lip, I glanced at him as he walked, with both of hands pressed against his lap. My eyes softened at this, he looked so calm, not worried. I wish I know what it felt like to be tension free, but as a mother, my gears are always wound up tight. This is why I always do reckless things when my pupils get hurt, I need to protect them.

"After this," Gildarts suddenly spoke, surprising me, "you are going to get some proper rest and then eat." He told me, as if I was a child who was being naughty.

I huffed out my cheeks and looked at him, "you're not my dad, you don't get to tell me what to do. So don't act like it." I muttered out, crossing my arms but this did feel nice. . . knowing that he cared about my wellbeing and all.

"Like you get a choice in this, Ur, I'll force you to if I have to." Gildarts shrugged, before patting my head. "There's some strong Magic presences nearby, be alert." I stifled a laugh and looked at him.

"And you stay awake this time," I said - well, more giggled out.

A red blush of irritation invade his cheeks as he didn't look at me again, "be quiet, Ur."

I just laughed in a response and hurried to the magical presences, eagerness building up inside as I ran. Please let one of these be Lyon, please let one of these be Lyon. . . I thought to myself, over and over and over again. There was one door blocking my way in, and it rather annoyed me so I froze it and broke through it effortlessly.

Ice shards rained down around me, bringing out my beauty but I don't care for appearances because I must've just alerted everyone inside that I was here, and that could end badly if I don't hurry. So, I ran off as Gildarts called my name, but I didn't wait for him.

Running, I looked at each door and tried to look for a magical presence in, and pretty much all of them were empty right now. Dammit, where is he? I thought to myself bitterly before I reached a door that had ancient writing on it. One of the characters I recognized, so I inferred that it was a staircase leading to a basement, so this using this opportunity, I hurried down them. I could feel Lyon down there, but most importantly, I could hear agony coming from him. He's getting hurt, I knew it!

I almost stumbled going down the stairs, but I jumped in front of the attacked of my pupil right as he was going to do another slash down his chest, but since it went down mine, my short started to open as blood dripped out. Just ignore it for now, Ur. I thought to myself, gritting my teeth.

"U-Ur?" Lyon asked my weakly, his voice soaked with pain and misery. I didn't want to look back right now, I didn't know what I was going to see, so I just nodded and blinked tears of pain from my eyes. "How are you. . ." I assumed he blacked out before he could get his sentence out, so I just took a step back and held the wound.

"Who do you. . . think you are?" I asked him coldly. "Hurting my pupil, causing him pain as if you can do whatever you want to him?" The man smirked at me, and took a step forward.

"Oh, I can do anything I want to you, Lyon, Gray, Ultear, or Gildarts. Just watch me."