I - Confessions

A/N: In this, some characters might be a OOC at first. Also, disclaimer! I don't own Fairy Tail, or any of its characters. With that said, please enjoy!

~~~

Right now, Juvia shakily walked into the guild that she cherished so much. Recently, she went on a two-year-long mission, and discovered something that would make her incredibly stronger. Meaning she could protect all of her friends better, and that she wouldn't be weak anymore. (Not that she's weak right now, of course.) However, not all of her friends might accept this, and that makes Juvia scared.

"Hello, Juvia!" Mirajane sweetly called out to her, as she was cleaning a various cup. Her looks have matured more, and she seemed to be a lot more happier. "How did the mission go? Everyone missed you while you were gone, but if it was worth it, then that doesn't matter."

"U-Uh, Juvia. . ." She glanced down at her feet. ". . . J-Juvia liked the mission, a lot." Of course she felt bad that she lied to Mirajane, but she couldn't confessed what happened on it. At least, not right now.

"Really? Well, that's good!" Mirajane's smiled beamed happiness, but it had no effect on Juvia at the moment. "Hey, everyone! Juvia's back from her mission!" She yelled to everyone at the guild, making Juvia the center of attention.

No, no, no, Mira-san! Juvia thought nervously, glancing around as she felt eyes all over her body. What if Gray-sama discovers Juvia's secret! Then he might never love Juvia! They can't get married and have thirty kids if he doesn't like her!

"Hey Juvs! Wanna have a quite sparring? I bet we both got stronger the two years you were gone!" Natsu said, quickly running up to her with a goofy smile.

"U-Um, s-sorry but Juvia doesn't want to fight right no-"

"What?! Why?! Please, Juvia, one quick match? One?" He gave her the puppy eyes, making her melt down inside.

"Well, maybe just on-"

"Hey, flame brains! She said no so don't force her!" Gray quickly defended Juvia. "Besides, she just got back from a mission, give her a break, will ya?"

Juvia's heart filled with happiness, but she prevented herself from leaping onto Gray. "Gray-sama, it's fine if it's just a quick match." She sweetly told him, noticing that the black mark on his arm was still there. He still hasn't mastered it yet?

"Tch, fine. But afterwards, you and me gotta have a quick talk." Gray responded, moving out of the way so Natsu and Juvia could fight.

"H-Hey, wait!" Lucy yelled, running in between the two. "Don't fight here, or you could destroy the guild!"

"Oh, hehe, you're right, Luce." Natsu laughed childishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Come on, Juvs, let's go outside and do this." Juvia willingly nodded and followed.

Once they got outside, Natsu didn't waste any time getting into his stance. Juvia just stood there, as she usual did when she held her umbrella. She knew that his attacks could just phase right through her, so she had nothing to worry about. Everyone from the guild, including Gray, went outside to watch their little sparring match.

~~~

"Fire Dragon's Roar!" Natsu yelled, after taking in a lot of air. Juvia couldn't dodge this, as it was coming at her far too fast, so she had to counter it. Please for Juvia, friends, for learning this Magic. Don't hate Juvia, please. She thought, as she inhaled a lot of air as well, surprising everyone who was watching.

"Water Devil's Rage!" She yelled, releasing a powerful amount of water out of her mouth. It effectively put out Natsu's Roar, but made a azure blue marking creep up her exposed leg, almost to the point of her guild mark, and covered her left eye slightly. They couldn't see, but it cover her left arm and that side of her torso as well.

Natsu, momentarily stunned at Juvia, just stared at her. In awe. "I knew that there was something different in your scent, I didn't know you became a Water Devil Slayer!" He exclaimed with a smile, as he didn't care. "Now we can fight on a equal level!"

Juvia nervously glanced at the others, "Ju-Juvia can explain." She said nervously, but no one was really giving her a look of disgust or distaste. Well, except for one person. Who walked up to the innocent sparring match to surprise Juvia.

. . .

. . . Lyon. . .

. . .

"Juvia. . . please tell me you're not one of those freaks, too." He said, causing her to quickly turn around.

"Lyon-sama! J-Juvia apologizes, but. . . s-she is." She looked down at her boots, "she hopes that. . . you can still be her friend, Lyon-sama."

"No, not with a freak like you. Don't ever talk to me again." Lyon said coldly, with disgust evident in his voice. "Goodbye, filth." He rudely said goodbye, and walked off. Leaving Juvia trembling.

"N-No, J-Juvia isn't. . ." She said, as it started to rain slightly. N-No, not the rain. Anything but the rain! Juvia thought, covered her eyes that were threatening to cry.

"Hey, get back her and apologize, you jerk!" Gray yelled at Lyon. "What kind of guy insults a girl, makes her cry, and then leaves, especially a girl that you like, Lyon!" He said this with extreme anger, before turning his attention to Juvia.

"J-Juvia's a freak, L-Lyon is right. She's filth." She quietly degraded herself, before she felt Gray pull her close.

"Shh, Juvia, don't believe any of that nonsense. Lyon is just a jerk, besides I think the markings on the body are really pretty. Now we're matching." He said in a low tone so only she could hear.

"You r-really like them, Gray-sama?" Juvia asked, feeling warmth despite being in an Ice-make Wizard's arms.

"Well, yes, I like everything about you. The two years you were gone got me thinking, and I realized something. . . Juvia Lockser, I'm so sorry for making you wait this long, but I love you. I have for a long time, but I just. . . I just didn't want to get close to you and just to have you leave me, but now I know that won't happen." Gray said to her, lifting her chin up so she was looking right into his eyes.

"J-Juvia loves you, too, Gray-sama. Juvia always will love you!" She said, hugging him tightly as the rain quickly went away. With this, she didn't stress about having to tell the others about her Magic. As long as she had Gray, she would be fine.