Chapter 6- The Speech

The room was really crowded, everyone from the SHIELD Academy is attending: Operations, Communications, and Science department. I sat in the back. Contrary to the popular belief that sitting in the back isn't the best spot, I think it is the perfect spot because that way, you can scan the whole room in your seat, plus you can escape faster if something bad happens. In this case, I think the chances are slim, heck I'm surrounded by geniuses and heroes, what could go wrong?

Turns out, the speech, or should I say speeches, is pretty damn good. It's not your boring, normal speech, at least. Heck, they give speeches better than the director. I was so caught up in the speech that I pouted when it is over. They said their goodbyes and we all go back to our respective classes, except for me. I like to sit back and be one of those people who leave the last. That's when I see it, the bottom part of his shirt, riding up. Those scars, forever fetched in my mind.

I held back a gasp when he took off his shirt. All those scars, still right there on his back. Shock, anger, guilt, happiness, emotions run through me. I freeze, not hearing what people were saying, which I assume is my name. And all goes black.

Clint POV

The girl saw my scars, shit. She stood there, horror in her face. Natasha, who usually is the calm one, stayed glued to the ground. I expected her to jump, scream, ask a ton of questions. Yet, all she does is cover her mouth with her hand to cover a gasp, froze, and fainted.

She was then brought to the medical centre. Something about this girl's reaction was unusual. By the looks of it, Nat thinks so to. Yet, I find her oddly familiar, like I should've known her. Maybe in another life, I guess. So here I am, waiting for this girl to wake up. When I saw her heart monitor rising, I thought she was waking up, so when her hand flinch, I scurried to her side, ready to rain her with questions. 

Skye POV

"Count!" Gordon commanded.

"Eight!" my brother said, writhing in pain.

"Please please please stop, I'll do anything," I said.

"Oh, you've had that chance little girl, now he's gonna pay for what you did," Gordon said.

"Nine!"

"Ten!"

*end of dream*

I woke up from my nightmare, gasping for air. This dream that haunts me takes a toll on my body, physical and mentally. I fell back on my back, eyes still closed, afraid if I open my eyes my dream will become reality. Suddenly, last morning's memories crashed. The last thing I remembered was looking at those scars. Reality hit me, my brother is Hawkeye, my brother is a freaking Avenger. Dang!

I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the bright light. "Are you ok?" Clingy, my brother, said. "Yeah Clingy, I'm ok." I replied. And with that, he froze. "Um, are you ok?" I said, repeating his question, with that I realized that he didn't remember me. Suddenly, like something snapped inside of him, the pieces liked into place. He remembers. H ̰ ̰e said,"Skye, it's you," "Yeah, it's me you idiot!"I said, smiling while he engulfed me into a tight hug, so tight that I can't breathe. "Air," I gasped. "Sorry," he said.