Chapter 1- Life

Skye POV

Waking up with sweat pouring down my face is normal, the remains of shouts still echoing in my ears. The pain of every hit fresh like it was yesterday. It was not. It was five years ago. Five years ago that my brother saved me, left me, and leave me alone with that bastard. Well, he's not technically my brother, he's just another kid from the system who somehow managed to convince the nuns to put us in the same foster home every single time. Every single time until ten years ago.

Another new foster home, another expectation. Some were ignorant, which is alright, but some are pure evil. This time, we were unlucky. Gordon. He is the nightmare of every foster child. Fast forward a few days, I accidentally dropped a plate while washing the dishes. The rules were clear, and is upheld well, too well. He came, a sadistic glint in his eyes as he knows that I know whats to come. My brother stepped between us, being my knight in shining armor. He paid the price, he totally did.

He took my beatings, every hit was my fault yet he paid the price. "I'm so sorry," I said. "It's alright, I'll always protect you. After all, I am your big brother, blood or not. Don't let anyone think of it any other wise," he replied, but it was a lie, all a lie. The next day, he left. Gordon said he was finally adopted but didn't say much, but he acted much. He beat the shit out of me. Then, I too leave, more like run away. Unlike my brother, I went away without a family, without someone to lookout for me, I ran away with nothing.

And now, my 'life'. Running away at the age of 11 isn't the best idea, let me tell you that. Even if you're a genius with a very high IQ and can definitely get a Phd in any field of science it still isn't. I know firsthand what it is like to be homeless, to have nothing but a picture with you. A picture of your so called 'brother' who left you with a sadistic evil murderer. I tried to remember him as the brother I know, trying to forget the fact that he left me. Trying to figure out why he left, all while trying to find out who my parents is. Trying, trying, trying. Trying but never completing anything.

Ring ring. My alarm blazed. Another day, another misery, another, shoot I'm late. Glancing at my clock, it read 7 AM so I have exactly 30 minutes to get ready and meet with Miles. When I get out of my house, more like van, I'm greeted with two men in suits, SHIELD. "Hey, what's up" I said, and they covered my head with a cloth.

The ride was smooth, that's obvious. Other than that, I can't make out anything through this, whatever this is.