I couldn’t take my eyes off the girl on top of my mate. Not even thirty minutes ago we were having a special moment in the kitchen. “Could we talk?” I asked lightly because my voice would break if I talked any louder.

          He stared at me with no emotion for a minute before sighing and lightly pushing the girl off of him. The girl I’ve never seen before groaned loudly and stood up, crossing her arms and glaring at me. “Why are you even here?”

          I open my mouth, but have no idea how to answer that question. I’m here to talk to Blake about the events that took place in the kitchen, but it’s not like I could tell her that.

          “Just leave, Lizzy.”

          “But-”

          “I said leave.” He growled, authority lacing his words. Of course Blake has so much power and people automatically do as he says. He’s Beta and best friends with Jackson, the Alpha.

          The girl rolled her eyes and put on her clothes even though they looked cut up to the point where most of her skin showed. The girl –whose name I assume is Lizzy- left and bumped into my shoulder as she walked out, cursing me under her breath.

          I focused my attention back on Blake who got up, closed his bedroom door, and then sat back down on his bed.

          “Are you going to say something or stand there looking stupid?” he barked. I flinched at his harsh tone and cruel words, but tried to look past it.

          “I wanted to talk to you about what happened in the kitchen.” I replied, a smile lighting up my face at the memory of his soft lips on my cheek. “We’re mates and I figured-”

          “I don’t want to be your mate.” He stated. His response sounded so confident and indubitable that it took me a minute to understand what he said. Each individual word felt like a knife slicing at me all over and the ache intensified when I saw the certain look in his eyes. He really doesn’t want me as a mate.  A pain throbbed in the area where my heart was located and I wished so badly that this moment wasn’t happening.

“But what about our moment? You didn’t feel anything? At all?” I practically pleaded. Much to my protest a single tear slipped down my cheek. No wonder he doesn’t want me; just look how weak I am. And I can make a list to go around the world a hundred times of reasons not to have me as a mate.

“What moment? I didn’t feel shit.”

I gulped, hoping my tears would stay at bay until I could at least get outside to the field. I always went far away to an open field whenever I cry, so no one can hear me breakdown. “Y-you’re lying.” My voice quivered and no confidence coated my voice. He knows how much this is affecting me. Not just emotionally, but the pain is way worse physically.

He stood up, his posture stiff with his hands clenched at his sides. Blake walked up to me until our faces were inches apart and his minty breath blew across my face. The closeness and beauty of his face made me weak in the knees.

“I don’t want a retarted slut as a mate.” He snarled. His voice isn’t what caused my heart to crack. It’s that look in his eyes that tell me he isn’t changing his mind. “You’re worthless.”

My breath started coming out roughly and I looked at anything but his face. Those cold, dark eyes will be glued to the inside of my eyelids for the rest of my life.

“I understand.” I responded. If he doesn’t want me as a mate, there’s nothing I can do. There’s no law that states all mates should accept each other. “There’s not anything I could do?”