Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"CAMERON!" You screamed, and the figure stopped running. There were no cars around at all. While you were lost in your thoughts, you weren't paying attention to where you were. Parked in the middle of the road was the four of you as you screamed as loud as you could.

He stopped and stared at you, before barely moving. This made you take a step up and run after him.

Someone grabbed your hand very quickly. "(Y/N). Don't." It was Alphonse.

You didn't know what to do. "Let go Alphonse.. we have to go get Cameron!"

Suddenly, a bunch of trucks with flashing sirens came out of all directions. Military trucks? They screeched as they came to a stop, with loads of soldiers pouring out of them.

"We have you surrounded! Surrender or we'll shoot!" The officers yelled with their guns pointed at all of the dark figures, including Cameron. Alphonse let go of your hand at this point.

But, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, they vanished into thin air.

"What?! Run after them!"

"Where did they go?!"

The soldiers bickered with one another for letting the people out of their sight. There were so many soldiers. So many. How could they all lose sight of them? Even you saw them vanish out of thin air.

"We can't give up. Just because they vanished doesn't mean they can hide from us forever! Split up and go after them!" A person screamed. He seemed to be a higher rank than the soldiers. 

All of the officers listened as got into separate trucks, going their own ways. Some trucks went the same was as others. It must have been the way they were grouped up to search.

"Cameron.." You squeezed your fists in anger and sadness. You wanted to cry. You haven't known Cameron long, but he's saved your life and protected you this whole time. Whoever he was, you had to find out. You owed him your thanks at the least. 

As the trucks left one by one, the sirens faded, and so did your anger. You were so emotional. There was something about Cameron that you couldn't let go so easily. 

"Let's go." Mustang said after some time. It took a second, but you listened as you were told, like a father commanding his daughter to comprehend. You got in the car, sitting by the window again.

As you closed the door hardly, you heard a voice over your shoulder. "Don't worry, okay? They'll find him. We'll find out what's going on." 

The voice was so calm, so quiet. Full of worry and full of fear for the future. You loved this voice very dearly and it always made you believe anything it said in one way or another. 

You nodded at Edward, slightly smiling, and Roy started the car.

It didn't take you long to fall asleep, actually. It felt like you had only blinked, and you were at the hotel. Like a robot, you sat up straight and opened your eyes widely, getting out of the car and grabbing your bags.

After getting out, you tapped his window so he could roll it down. "Thanks for the ride home, Colonel. We appreciate it."

"No problem. And we'll let you know as soon as we hear if we find anything regarding Mr. Aldaine." 

You nodded and walked into the door of the hotel the three of you lived in, exhausted. It wasn't much of a hotel anymore- you could call it a house. The three of you lived there. It kind of happened accidentally, and this hotel was nice and cheap. It reminded of you a house, so you usually called it a house.

We're kind of like a family,  you thought to yourself.

You placed your bags straight down and walked quickly to your room. Undressing, you got in the shower and turned on the water to the hottest temperature. You felt a lot better after a shower, and made some tea to warm you up even more. You were going to offer some to Ed, but according to Alphonse he was in the shower at the time. You yawned, deciding to go to bed. You bid Alphonse goodnight and lied down as soon as you got back to your room.

But this time, falling asleep wasn't like a blink. 

You couldn't remember much from the strange dream you had that night, but you remembered waking up in a fright, screaming, and panting.

Ed and Al ran in the room ten seconds later, asking if you were okay. You let them know you were fine and couldn't even remember what you were dreaming about.

But that deep feeling of fear kept you awake. It just stuck with you. You didn't know why you couldn't get rid of it, but it was impossible. And when you eventually were able to fall asleep, you would wake back up in a fright once again, but controlled yourself not to scream.

In other words, you didn't get very much sleep that night. 

As soon as you saw the break of dawn, you got up. You decided to make breakfast since you didn't have anything else to do. It was around 7:00 in the morning, and you were super tired. But falling asleep was useless, because you would just have a nightmare again.

You finished cooking around 7:30, and you were pretty satisfied. You cooked sausage, egg and cheese croissants. The minute you finished, Alphonse announced he was going to the grocery store since we were running out of milk and vegetables for cooking. 

You sat on the sofa and read a book, deciding to wait till Ed woke up to eat so you could eat with him.

Ed.

Bringing up his name was so easy for you, and it just filled your heart with happiness every time you heard it. How could it not? He was just amazing in every way to you. You really did love him. You didn't know what true love was while living in your old shack, working at a bakery. You didn't understand. But now, you understood everything. It's a weird feeling that makes you warm inside. You couldn't explain it, but you could just know when you were in love for real.

And you were definitely in love with Edward Elric.

Suddenly, the telephone started ringing, interrupting your thoughts. You walked calmly to answer it, and when you heard Roy's voice, you shook with all sorts of emotions.

"(Y/N)? Hey. We have new information regarding Cameron Aldaine."