|48.|

"2 fucking days!" Chase says over the phone. "I know! I can't wait to meet your girlfriend!" I wink and I know he knows I am.

"Stop the winking Jo." Chase laughs. "I can't. I'm just too excited to meet her." I smile. "I'm glad. I thought you were going to be so mad at me since I kept it a secret for 5 months."

"I'm not mad at you, I'm surprised you kept your mouth shut about it for 5 months." "That's true. I do talk a lot." Chase laughs.

"That's true. Well, I gotta head to the shop. I'll see you there." I say and hang up.

Brad has already left to go to the Penske garages.

We leave today to Daytona.

I go to Hendrick Motorsports and see Chad sitting outside on a bench. "Hey Chad!" I smile getting out of the truck.

"Jo. You're late." Chad says getting up off the bench. "No I'm not. I'm 5 minutes early."

He shows me his phone, and the time says '11:05 am'

"Shit I'm sorry the clock in the truck must be 10 minutes slow."

"It's fine. Now, lets go get some of this paper work done. So, you're getting on the plane at 3?"

"Yep. I should be in Daytona by 6 for practice." "Good." Chad says and hands me a bunch of papers to fill out.

When I get back to the house around 12:30, Brad is just finishing packing.

"I better go do that." I say and run up the stairs and grab a few bags and stuff them full.

I walk back down, and Brad is sitting on the couch.

"What time does your plane take off?" I ask. "2." He replies. "Mine leaves at 3." I sigh.

"This sucks." Brad sighs and wraps me into a hug. "I know. But, I will see you when we get to Daytona. I love you Brad." I smile.

"I love you too." He smiles.

Before I know it, Brad is gone and I am heading to the airport.

When I get there, the Hendrick Motorsports plane is sitting on the runway, waiting to pick us up.

I get out of the truck after I park it, and walk towards the plane with my bags.

I get on the plane, joining Dale and Kasey. "Where's the trouble maker?" I laugh.

"She is standing right in front of us." Dale laughs. "Shut up." I laugh and sit next to Kasey.

"So, are you ready for Daytona?" Kasey asks. "I sure am!" I smile.
"Here comes Chase." Dale says looking at a text.

"Thank God. Because of him, we are probably going to be late."

Chase walks up, and there is a blonde girl with him, and they are holding hands.

Oh my God. It's Katie!

"Guys, this is my girlfriend, Katie. Katie, this is Kasey, Dale, and Jo." Chase smiles and she comes around to each one of us and hugs us.

"It's so awesome to meet y'all, but I already know Dale!" She smiles and sits down next to me. "How?" Chase asks confused.

"He's my uncle." "And she is my niece." Dale says. "How did I not know this?" Chase asks. "You never asked." Katie says. Chase still looks shocked, and she blows it off.

"Do you want to do something after we are done with practice?" I ask a smiling Katie.

"Yeah, sure!" She smiles and Chase glares at me and gives me a protective look.