|28.|

*night before Brad and I leave for Martinsville

I am currently hanging out with Bubba and Ryan because Brad had to go to a pop up meeting for BKR.

"So how's you and Brad?" Bubba asks nudging my arm. "Get into all the juicy details." Ryan smirks.

"There aren't any "juicy" details." I say with air quotes. "Well, I've been thinking about some things recently about us." I trail off.

"Oh no. What is it?" Bubba asks. "We aren't gonna have to kick some ass are we?" Ryan asks.

"No. It's just that we have been together for a little over a year, and I still haven't met his parents. Or family." I say sighing.

"He may just be waiting for the right time, Jo." Bubba says. "But what if he is second guessing our relationship?" I ask fidgeting with my ring.

"Jo, he gave you that ring to promise you that he is going to marry you one day. I'm sure everything is okay." Ryan says reassuring me.

"Thanks guys. You always know how to make me feel better." I smile. "Now, lets go get some ice cream out of the freezer." Bubba says.

"I will go see what we have." I say going to the kitchen. "There is peanut butter cup, double chocolate chip, butter pecan, cookie dough, and strawberry shortcake." I yell.

"Peanut butter cup and double choco chip please!" Bubba yells back to me. "And I want cookie dough and chocolate chip please!" Ryan says back.

I fix all of our ice cream and walk back to the living room and give it to them.

"We need to hang out more." I say. "We sure do!" Ryan says eating his ice cream.

I turn the tv on and put it on Race Hub.

"Now, in the chase standings, Kyle Busch is in the lead with 3 wins, and right behind him is Jo McGuire with 3 wins, also. This week in Martinsville, I think Jo will make the top of the leader board."
The man says and I sigh.

"Thanks for the pressure." I laugh. "Martinsville is your best track though." Ryan agrees with the TV.

"Thanks. I'm changing it." I say and we all decide on Fast and Furious.

When the movie was over, Ryan and Bubba still didn't want to leave, and Brad has been gone for about four hours.

"I wonder what's taking his meeting so long." I say looking at my phone. Ryan and Bubba shrug their shoulders. "Lets not worry about it, and lets play some games." Bubba says and pulls out Call of Duty from the movie/DVD shelf.

"Okay." I say and grab the controllers. Halfway through me winning the game, Brad walks in and has sweat, oil, and grime all over him.

"What kind of meeting did you go through man?" Ryan laughs. "We talked for about 20 minutes, and the rest of the time we worked on the 2." Brad says.

"Well, how about you go get a shower and I will have lunch waiting." I laugh. "Okay. Thank you babe." He says and goes upstairs.

"That must have been one interesting meeting." Bubba laughs. We play the game for a little bit longer, and then Bubba and Ryan leave.

"See you guys on Saturday! Brad's racing the 22!" I yell out the door. They wave bye to me and leave.

Brad comes down the stairs in a white tank top and shorts, and his hair is still wet.

"Lookin fine." I smile and hand him his food. "You always look fine, now it's my turn." He says and gives me a smile.

"I don't know if I should take that as a complement or..?" I ask. "It is babe." He says and kisses me on the forehead.