|3.|

I dial Joe Gibbs' number. "Jo! What can I do ya for?" He asks. "I heard that you were planning on sending me to Penske next season. Is that true?" I ask. "Unfortunately, yes." He says. "Am I not good enough for you? Or are the ratings not good enough?" I sass.

"You are an amazing driver, Jo. It's just that change is a good thing." Joe says. "I am going to say goodbye before I say anything I will regret. Thanks for talking." I say and hang up.

I begin to cry. I don't know what I am going to do. This honestly can't be any worse.

I decide that I am going to tell the guys separately. Denny by himself, Kyle by himself. And Matt and Carl together because they handle things better when they are with each other.
I decide to do the hardest one first. Denny.

I text Denny.

To: Den☺
Hey bro..we need to talk. Can you please come over ASAP?

From: Den☺
Yeah, sure. Be there in 10. I hope this isn't too serious. Be happy the team and I decided to stay at a hotel.

Yeah, the team I won't be a part of next year.

To:Den☺
Yeah. I wish it wasn't. I am very happy that you losers stayed in town. 😉

10 minutes later Denny walks through my door and gives me a hug.

"So what's the 411 BFF?" He asks sitting next to me on the couch, and is alarmed when I don't laugh.

"Jo, what's wrong?" He asks.

"So JG sent me to race with Penske next season.." I say and the look on Denny's face is blank.

I look away. "Really Jo?" He says, holding tears back. I nod. "I don't want to go. He knows I don't want to go. He doesn't give a flying fuck. He wants the ratings. I know it." I say

"You and Brad will not get along." Denny says. "I know. Please Denny, please don't stop talking to me because of this." I say.

"I couldn't imagine not talking to you. I've been talking to you for over 10 years. Pretty sure we are good. I'm just really sad." He says and wraps his arm around me, and I begin to cry.

"No, Jo. It's okay. Race for me over there. What ever happens with Brad, happens. I wonder if he knows yet." Denny says.

I know he isn't showing any emotion because that's how he is. I know he is really hurting, but he won't talk about it.

"Probably. I still don't like him. And I never will." I say and hug Denny tighter.

"No matter what Jo, you will always be my best friend, and I mean it." Denny says to me, and pulls out of the hug.

"I have a meeting to get to, but I will be back later. Bye star shine." Denny says and I wave to him.

Next, Kyle.

I grab my phone and decide to call him. "Hey Jo, what's up?" Kyle asks. "Do you mind coming over?" I ask. "No. I will be right there." He says and hangs up.

20 minutes later, I see Kyle's truck pull up, and I see he has 2 cups of Starbucks. Thank God.

He walks in, because he is family. Open door policy. "Hey, I brought you an iced mocha." Kyle says handing it to me. "Thanks! You read my mind!" I smile and take a drink.

"So, what are we going to talk about?" He asks siting next to me on the couch.

"Next season..." I say avoiding eye contact. "Oh no Jo." Kyle says with a frown.

"Yeah..turns out, you were right. Gibbs sent me to the dark side." I say. "No Jo. No! You ain't going no where! I don't give a flying fuck what he says. You can't leave! Damn it!" Kyle says getting up angrily.

"I know Kyle. Please calm down." I say. "How the hell am I supposed to calm down when my sister is leaving my team. Why the fuck would he want to give away one of his best drivers?!" Kyle screams.

"Publicity. Brad and I." I say rolling my eyes. "Damn it!" Kyle yells again.

"Kyle, please sit down." I ask him. "I need some air." Kyle says and goes outside. I am watching him through my living room window.

He is sitting on my porch swing, crying. The Kyle Busch is crying. I feel like shit about this, but it isn't even my fault! I am equally as pissed as he is.

I decide to go outside with him. I sit down next to him and wrap my arm around him. "Kyle, it will be okay. This ain't going to prevent us from being best friends." I say.

"I know. It better not. Have you told anyone else?" He asks. "Just Denny and you. I'm going to tell Carl and Matt next. I'm pretty sure you and Den took it the worst. I know Matt and Carl will be upset, but not as much as y'all." I say.

"That's just cause we love you Jo." Kyle says. "Well I love you guys too. Put your self together, Rowdy." I say.

He chuckles and stands up. "We still have many more races together as JGR. Lets make them count." Kyle smiles and hugs me.

"Will do Kyle. Will do." I say and Kyle leaves. Okay. Time for Matt and Carl.

I decide to group message them. I named our chat :

Dumb Asses 😷
Me: Hey guys, come to my place. We need to talk.
Carl: okay. Be there soon.
Matt: what did you do now Edwards?
Carl: I didn't do shit!
Me: guys, calm down. It's not about either of y'all.
Matt: okay. Good to know. TOLD YOU CARL.
Carl: haha! Okay. I will be there in 5.
Matt: I will be too. How about you just take me? Considering we are in the same hotel.
Carl: ugh, fine Kenseth. So lazy.
Me: glad we got that figured out.
Carl: see you in 5, with Matty.
Matt: lol. See ya Jo!

I ended the chat, and got some food out for them to eat. I grabbed some sandwiches and set them on the table.

I looked out my window and saw Matt and Carl 'fighting'.

I open the door and yell "come on guys! One day where you don't hate each other."

"Dumb ass started it." Matt laughs. "Whatever." Carl laughs. They both come in and sit at the table with me.

"Thanks for the food Jo!" Carl says and starts eating the sandwiches. "Thanks!" Matt says and eats one.

"Okay, so the reason I called y'all over was because I talked to Gibbs today, and he is transferring me to drive for Team Penske next season." I say and take a big breath.

"What!!?!" Matt says standing up.
"Are you shitting us Jo?!" Carl yells.
"I wish I was, but I'm not. Gibbs is sending me to the other side because of Brad and I's rivalry. I guess that there would be more viewers." I say and roll my eyes for the millionth time today.

"That's some grade A horse shit!" Carl yells. "That seriously pisses me off." Matt said.
I just shake my head.

They both give me a hug. "The JGR team loves you Jo. There will always be a place here for you." Matt says and kisses me on the cheek.

"I agree Jo. We all love you." Carl says and kisses my other cheek. "We better go Jo. But, I am very sorry. And we can look forward to racing with you for the rest of the season!" Matt smiles.

"Love you guys." I say and hug them both and watch them leave.

This has been a terrible day.