Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Looking for me, sweetheart?"Lady Emily called from above him.

Kitty started slightly at her voice, leaning closer to him. She said under her breath, "Geez. Oi swear she's really a witch, with 'er sneakin' up on us like that."

"Shhh." Stephen silenced the maid. He didn't want Lady Emily to hear Kitty's snide remarks

If she became too angry, she might now return Ginny to them.

He watched as she slowly descended the steps. His fingers clenched tighter around the pistol, but he didn't pull it out, "Where is she?"

"Who?" Lady Emily laughed, trailing her fingers over his shoulders. She pulled herself to him seductively and smiled. "I thought you came for me."

"We came fer Lady Knightly." Kitty sneered.

Lady Emily smirked at the maid, "Aw, you've got your cute little puppy to trail after you? Cute."

She patted Kitty's head. Kitty slapped her hand away. "Don't touch me."

Stephen closed his eyes and took a deep breath, tired of Lady Emily's gimmicks. "Where is Ginny?"

"Oh, your brat of a wife? I'd forgotten."

"You kidnapped her."

"Aw and you came to rescue her, how sweet."

Stephen growled angrily and pulled out his gun, pressing it underneath her chin, where the soft skin of her neck was exposed. Kitty stepped back in shock. He hadn't told her he had brought a gun.

Lady Emily appeared just as surprised as the maid was. Her eyes widened slightly, giving him a little pleasure. Now he had the control. Emily narrowed her eyes, "You had better take that off of me."

"Not until you give her back." he whispered in her ear.

She laughed, "I have men all over the place. One snap of my fingers, and I can have them kill Ginny in an instant. You have no power over me here."

"One click of this trigger and your own blood will be spilled." he pointed out.

"You do that and I can promise you Ginny will be dead, as well. Try me." Stephen struggled between setting the gun down and wanting to shoot her. Lady Emily smirked. "Put the gun away and I'll show you to her. I promise."

It didn't look like he had much of a choice. He pulled away from her, slipping the gun into his pocket, "Very well."

"Hand me the gun." she held out her hand.

"What? No!"

"Now, or I'm killing Ginny and you will never see her again."

He couldn't have shoved the gun any faster into her ice cold hand. She slipped it into her bodice and waved him up the stairs. Kitty began to follow but she held the maid back, "The little puppy dog stays here." She taunted.

"Why ye little-" Kitty began but Stephen shook his head.

"Stay here." He said, his eyes saying that there wouldn't be any discussion about it.

Kitty grumbled, but she remained where she was.

When they reached the top of the stairs. Stephen finally saw the hidden men, lining the hallways, their guns poised at him. Lady Emily raised her hands, signalling that it was alright. She opened the door to one of the rooms and lit a lamp. There was small movement in the corner. As the lamp brightened slowly, he saw it was Ginny. Ginny looked up, terror in her eyes. She curled away from Emily, shielding her face. Lady Emily laughed, "I've brought your sweetheart here to see you."

She slowly lowered her arms and saw Stephen, "Stephen? You came?"

He bent down, gently touching her bruised face. She flinched. Stephen nodded, "Yes, of course."

"What a lovely reunion." Lady Emily paced towards them, clicking the bullet into the gun. She pointed it at Stephen. "Step away from her."

He gently moved away, raising his hands, "What do you want? I'll give you whatever it is, if you let her go."

"I want you to tell her. Confess." Lady Emily sneered. "Tell her why I hate her so much for taking you away from me."

Stephen shook his head, "I don't know what you mean..."

She pressed the gun against his forehead and sneered, "Do not try my patience, Stephen. I'm talking about what happened to us the week before the wedding. I'm sure you remember it clearly?"

Stephen closed his eyes and said through clenched teeth, "I don't know what you mean."

"What? Stephen, what is she talking about?" Ginny asked.

His eyes snapped over to hers. For ye first time she saw a hint of fear in them. It made her worried. Stephen was never afraid. He swallowed the lump in his throat,"Ginny...I'm not...Emily's not...we just..."

Lady Emily smirked, looking over at Ginny, "What lover boy is trying to say is that I'm not a virgin anymore because of him. Isn't that, right, Stephen?"

"Stephen?" Ginny asked, fearing his answer.

He looked away, his eyes downcast. Lady Emily stepped away from him, pacing the room, "You left me after that night. A scared girl who was supposed to be married in a week to the man she loved. And then I had to deal with the fear of what would happen if I was pregnant..." she was shaking now with anger. She turned to Stephen, waving the gun at him. "But you didn't care! You ran away! You ran away and left me! And I come back and see you with...with a wife?!"

"It isn't my fault!" Stephen growled angrily. "My father-"

"No! I'm tired of excuses! After...after I kill her, you're going to be mine!" Emily cried. "Just like you promised."

She aimed the gun at Ginny, and pulled the trigger.

Copyright © 2016 by Rosanna Parker

All Rights Reserved

Oh my gosh she pulled the trigger! What now?! Is Ginny going to die?! I guess you won't know until the next update ;) For now, please remember to vote and comment! I'd appreciate it! Thanks for being so supportive guys! You're awesome!

-Rosanna