"In the car. Has he been sleeping okay?"

"I THINK SO."

"He looked bad, so I let him sleep."

MTT, Pap and I talk for a while when the front door slams open.

"What's all the commotion about darling?" Mettaton asks and walks over to Ethan.

Ethan is sweating, his face is bright red and he's breathing very heavily. He hangs his head and puts his hands on his knees. "Had to- *Cough cough* run and...get Alphys." Ethan explains in between breaths. "Sans' soul started cracking."

"What?!" I don't even wait for his answer when I run out of the house. Alphys, Undyne, Asriel and Chara are by Sans' side.

"M-maybe we can j-just give him a l-l-little Determination. I-it might h-help." Alphys suggests.

"Now way!" Asriel protests. "You and Gaster already tried that and I really don't want another Amalgamate." Asriel used to be king when Asgore passed and that side of him is shining once again.

"Maybe Gaster has something that could help. Can't we get in contact with him?" Chara asks.

"There's no time! He's gonna die!" Undyne says.

I run up next to Chara. "What's going on?"

"Shit is what's going on." She answers.

I kneel down next to Sans. He's awake be oblivious to everything that's going on around him. I can see the pain in his eyes.

"W-we have t-to try Asriel!" Alphys says.

"It's too risky!" Asriel yells. "Look, I know I'm not in charge anymore but just listen to me on this one."

"Asriel! What is there to fucking risk?" Undyne chimes in.

"Either way, he's gonna die." Chara says.

A small cracking noise sounds and Sans grabs his chest. He's breathing heavier.

My heart drops into my stomach and my eyes sting with tears.

Everyone starts screaming at each other.

"I'm not gonna make it." Sans says. His voice is faint.

"Yes you are. Don't say that!" I say.

"I'm sorry. I should've been more careful when Ant came."

"Sans...." Tears drop from my face.

"There's no way I'm gonna be fine."

A thought comes into mind. It's the only thing I can think to do. I place a hand over my chest and it starts glowing red.

Undyne notices me and pulls me away from Sans. "Don't Frisk!"

"But-" I try and says.

"If he absorbs your soul, there's no way of getting you two apart." Asriel says.

"But we need to help him!" I sob and rush over to his side again.

Another small crack and Sans flinches in pain.

Everyone tries to help but end up just yells at each other again.

I hug Sans. "You can't leave. You can't."

He doesn't says anything. I know he's upset too.

I let go of him and wipe some of the tears from my face. "Sans, we can-" I place a hand over my chest again.

"No. Frisk, we can't-"

"But we can! I can't just let you die!"

"Yes you can. You won't miss me."

"Stop! Stop saying things like that! I-I...I love you Sans. I won't be the same without you!"

He puts a hand over his chest. The outline of his soul shows through his hand. It's cracked in half and hanging on by a thread. One more crack and he'll die. The outline goes away once he takes his hand off his chest. "There's nothing anyone can do. I-I'm sorry Frisk." Tears form in his eyes and his voice is getting a little shaky.

Sadness consumes me and I can't talk anymore. I want to scream but I can't. It's only a matter of time before he's gone.

The last crack comes without warning.

Out of nowhere, someone appears and rushes over to Sans. It's Dr. Gaster. He places his hands on Sans' chest and they start to glow a green color. It circles around Sans and everyone watches in silence. Gaster stands up and turns to face everyone. "If anything else happens like this, please, let me know and I can try and fix it." He says and teleports away.

Sans is healed. The crack on his head is gone and his soul doesn't look like it's bothering him anymore. I jump into his arms and cry. I don't know how to feel.

Nobody knows what to say or do. We all never expected anyone to come and help so much.

I keep my hands on Sans but move away so I can look at him. I've somewhat calmed down but not by much.

"Calm down Frisk. I'm fine now." Sans says with a smile.

"I can't." I say and laugh at how emotional I am.

Everyone talks for a minute or two then they go back home once the sun starts to set.

Sans and I sit on the roof and talk for the entire night after that.

A/N
I completely lost track of time so if this isn't edited very well, that's why. Sorry 'bout that. Thanks for reading though!