Chapter 8

I basically ran home, because Toby told me to go quickly. I took every short cut possible, even passing the crack house. It had police tape all around it,it brought back so many memories I'd rather forget. I made sure I walked past the crack house as fast as I could.

I had to admit being outside was pretty calming,it had been so long since I had felt the warmth of the sun on my skin it was almost sad that I was in such a rush to get home. I was even pale from the lack of sun.

When I had finally gotten home I immediately tossed my bag in a corner somewhere and greet Monique,I never got to see her much because she was always by her boyfriend. I went to the tv room and plopped down on the couch turning the tv on.

It was the news Jesus chrisidy Christ it's like every time I try to watch tv theres a breaking report. This time though my jaw dropped,I couldn't believe my eyes nor could I believe Toby. How could he do this,how did he even find out where he lives.

"The serial killer strikes again,this time targeting Ramin Brands. He was killed in the same fashion as Zahara and the crack house kids. The only known survivor to this Mad man is (Y/n) (L/n) who was only injured." A picture of me appeared on the side of the screen. My hair was curled and shaped my face, you could see my big (E/c) eyes. To be honest it was one of the prettiest pictures of me.

"Police advise all people to remain vigilant and improve home security until the killer is caught" the women reported. I angrily switched the tv off, why would he kill Ramin? I stormed up to my room and slammed the door shut facing the door. I hit my forhead against the door then turned to face the room.

I jumped when I saw Toby lounging on the chair by the desk. He was eating the packet of country corn I'd given him earlier that day. He smiled when he saw me looking at him but I just frowned at him. He shifted in the chair then pulled his goggles off. "Why?"  I asked him angrily. "W-why what?" He asked getting up from his seat.

"Why'd you kill Ramin?" I asked him sternly. He moved closer to me finishing his packet of chips. "He was a threat" he answered plainly. I took a look at him, still wearing that smugg smile of his. I smiled and put my arm around his neck, then using all my strength I put him in a head lock "I'm a threat" I yelled. He put his arm under my knees, picking me up bridal style. He threw me on the bed.

I flopped on the bed, before I could sit up Toby pinned me down to the bed. His face was basically an eyelash away from mine. He smiled at me his body pressed on mine, I felt the blush creep on my face I felt my face heat up. "You're not a th-threat" he said smugly rolling off of me onto the other side of the bed.

I sat up on the bed, and looked at Toby. He was laying with his hands behind his head, he looked very relaxed. I looked at his chin which was visibly prickly with little hairs. "I see you're growing a little beared" I said resting my head on my hand which was being supported by my elbow,my body turned so I was facing him.

"Yeah I th-thought it w-would look g-good" he replied stroking his chin with his hand. "I think so too" I admited. I flopped onto my back and stared at the ceiling. Toby put a book in front of my face, I furrowed my eyebrows and took a good look at the book, it was my book!

I grabbed the book out of his hands and inspected it, it was as if he had never touched it. "S-sing" he instructed. I sat up and looked at him and he did the same, I looked at the book. "I'll tell you what, I won't sing something else but nothing from the book" I offered. He looked at me for a moment as if he was thinking over my offer. He finally looked up at me then nodded in agreement.

"I'm gonna find that this way
I'm never gonna break my,
I'm never gonna break my bones
And if you find that this way
You're never gonna be a-,
Never gonna be alone,alone,alone,alone

You're gonna run away from from this storm
You'll be ashamed forever and ever
You gotta come and lay it all down
Coz you can face whatever the weather

And you will see these arms are open
And you are ganna feel this lovedis spoken to me,
That's spoken to me

I'm gonna find that this way
I'm never gonna break my,
I'm never gonna break my bones
And if you find that this way
You're never gonna be a-,
Never gonna be alone."

I stopped singing there and looked at Toby whos eyes were locked on mine. I flashed him a smile and he did the same. I flopped onto the bed and took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes again to the sound of a knock on the door,feeling warmth next to me. I looked up to see Toby fast asleep next to me,his one arm around my neck and the other around my waist. We were full on cuddling,I started blushing madly why was he holding me and why did I like it so much.

There was another knock, I couldn't let anybody see Toby he'd kill them or they would get him arrested. The door began to open and I quickly kicked Toby onto the floor, where he would be unseen. I rolled over to the side Toby had just hit the ground. He looked around trying to get up but I put a hand on his mouth and pushed his head back onto the floor.

Sky slowly walked into the room "What did I tell you about coming into my room"' I spat. "I just came to tell you that dinner is ready" she said rudely "what are you doing?" She asked. I realized that I must have looked ridicules with one hand by my bed. "I'm looking for my slipper" I replied. She took one look at me then left again.

I took my hand off Tobys mouth and sat on the bed. He got off the floor and sat next to me. "S-so I w-won't b-be here later s-so you d-don't have to m-make me waffles t-tonight" he told me. "Why, where are going going to be?" I asked him. "I have business to take care of" he answered. I didn't bother asking him any more questions just in case he might get upset.

He ruffled my hair and gave me a smile, I smiled back at him. His hand was still on my head, I playfully smacked his hand away. He used the same hand to pull my arm, our faces were close,i could feel his breath on my face then he pulled me closer. Our lips touched my eyes widened, his eyes were closed. I gave in and closed my eyes. He pulled away then he put his goggles and mouth guard and walked to the window. He took one more look at me then jumped out of the window.