Chapter 2

Run!

If we didn't leave at this very minute we were likely to be the next victoms of our friend's killer. We needed to get out of there and we needed to do it now! I gently pulled on Zahara with the hand I had clamped on her mouth but she didn't move she was paralysed with fear,she just starred at the gruesome scene in front of us. Now the murderers pace began to quicken,they were coming for us. I let go of the grip I had on the base of the window and held onto one of Zaharas arms, I used the foot that wasn't gripped into the wall and pushed  against the wall as hard as I could.

Zahara and I fell from the window into the long grass and dirt. Zahara had finally awoken up from her trance and pushed herself up off the ground, we ran as fast as we could to the fence. Zahara and I rounded the corner of the house, the hole had come into view. Zahara got on her hands and knees and attempted to crawl through the hole, I grabbed onto her bag and pulled her back because the hole was too small for her to fit with her bag on her back. She gave me a confused look, I just grabbed the straps of her bag and pulled it off tossing it to the side. She then crawled through the hole.

Just as Zahara had made her way to the other side of the fence the sound of glass breaking sliced through the quiet air. That's when I felt my heart speed up, the sound of the killers shoes hit the ground from behind the house making their way towards us. I dropped my bag to the ground and slid on my side through the hole turning onto my stomach as I came to the other side. I pushed myself up off the ground with my hands getting onto my feet.

Zahara was waiting for me,as soon as I had gotten up we had both broken into a full sprint. Adrenaline was surging through our veins because neither one of us had slowed down or looked back. We ran up to the stop sign where the road extended straight and had a left turn,Zahara continued forward but I grabbed her arm swinging her into the next street. We continued running straight then turned right at the next coming street.

We didn't slow down our pace if anything we were running faster. We made our way out into a busy street just before the bridge. The bridge that on a normal day I would cross to get home but then again today wasn't a normal day. Zahara and I ran in the opposite direction towards the grocery store.

It had other smaller lesser stores such as fast food chains,clothing stores and a pet store all around it. It was all fenced up onto one lot. It was pretty busy this time of the day so if the killer was still chasing us he couldn't do anything because it was too crowded. Zahara and I ran up to the parking lot of the grocery store, as soon as we got into the parking lot Zahara grabbed onto me breaking down into tears.

I stood in utter shock,breathless. Zahara hugged me,grabbing onto my blazor as she sobbed uncontrollably. The adrenalin left my system and the true horror of our situation finally hit me. I wasn't sure if it was because my body was not used to being pushed so hard, I did run a couple of blocks with out taking a break or was it the fact that I had seen my fellow class mates corpses then almost getting caught by the monster that had sealed their fate but at that moment in the parking lot I felt vomit creeping up my throat.

I lifted my hand and placed it on Zaharas forehead, I roughly pushed her away from me and she collapsed onto floor. I didn't pay attention to her I just walked over to the nearest trash can and emptied my stomachs content into it. When I had finally finished violently vomiting I whipped my mouth. When I had stood up and looked at the parking lot there was a car parked right in front of me. Just my fucking luck, it was Damon and Shandre. They were starring at Zahara and I as if we were disgusting hobos.

But to be honest we weren't too far from looking like we had been living in the street and the scene we were causing wasn't helping either. Damon always looked at me as if I was his world but now that the truth about his girlfriend was out he looked at me as if I was the scum of the earth,the look he was currently giving me it was funny how quickly he turned on me yet he was in the wrong,i didn't even know till I caught them kissing. Zahara was causing so much commotion that Damon and his slut were starting to look at us as if we had gone mad.

What was I doing thinking about a stupid high school love triangle we'd not spoken for months, I had just experienced hell and I was thinking about an idiot. I didn't even give a fuck about him anymore. I ran over to Zahara who was still crying on the floor. I roughly pulled her to her feet but she lazily slumped barely standing,I supported her holding her arms. I shook her violently trying to get her attention, she sniffed like a five year old and looked at me.

"You're causing a scene women!" I harshly whispered,she stood up properly and gave me a angry and confused look. "I just saw the love of my life laying dead in a pool of his own blood, and almost got caught by the same person who killed him,how do you expect me to react?" She spat. "We need to tell the police!" I replied. "No!" Zahara quickly protested "What the hell,why not?" I asked her angrily. "Because we were trespassing and there was cocaine there do you know what they'll do to us if they think we were there to do drugs" she explained.

She did have a point, we could get serious time if they knew that we were there even if it wasn't to do drugs they'd put us away. Still we couldn't just leave Lazor and his friends to rot. "We can't just leave them there dude!" I argued "And we can't get time for shit" she explained. I thought for a while, taking her argument into consideration "Okay, but our bags... they're going to find it what do we say? And dude we look like we just jumped out of a moving car what do we tell our parents" I pointed out.

We were both covered in dirt Zaharas knees were full of scratches and so was my side, our blazors were now brown from the dust. Our hair was now knotted and messy sticking to our sweaty faces" Simple, we say we got robbed" she suggested. "Yes! We say that the robbers pinned us and took our bags only and left,when they figured out that there was nothing of value in them they must have dumped it there" I added to the idea

"I mean the only important thing in there is our ID's but they'll return that" Zahara confirmed. It was settled we had to pretend as if the whole situation had never happened. Zahara let out a sigh, her boyfriend is dead after all I didn't expect her not to feel bad about I mean if I had a relationship like they did I'd kinda be heart broken too.

Zahara began to cry again, I felt awkward watching her. I wasn't much of a hugger or the affectionate type but sometimes you had to put your own emotions a side to help a friend in need. I put a hand near her then pulled it back,she saw my attempt and pulled me into an embrace weeping on my shoulder. I felt bad for her, she really loved that idiot and now he was gone. I rubbed her back "Come on, I think it's safe to go home. You can chill by me and my dad can drive you home when he gets back from work" I explained motioning for her to start walking.