Chapter 38: Suprise, Bitch. pt.1

Start from the beginning

I parked in a space near the door and slipped some dark shades on my face before I grabbed my purse and stepped out. I hit the lock button as I walked towards the store entrance and grabbed a shoppin cart. 

I'mma boss ass bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch...♪♫♪♫

My phone rings as I'm makin my way toward the seafood area.

"Hello ?"

"Bitch, what you doin?" says my makeup artist/gay bestie, Donnie.

"At Whole Foods, gettin some food for this dinner party tonight. What's up witchu, betch?" I asked, walking through the seafood area and tryin to figure out what I wanted to cook. Most likely it would be lemon pasta with shrimp.

"Girl I ain't doin shit. I called to see if you could roll with me to Miguel's party tonight but you havin a dinner party and whatnot. Didn't even invite a bitch." he said in mock offense. I chuckled.

"It's not even really a dinner party. Dre ran into this nigguh we used to go to school with while he was at an away game in Cleveland and invited him and his girl to have dinner with us."

"Oh, well while you playin house, I'ma be backin my ass up all night." he said, makin me chuckle again.

"How is that different from any other night?" I commented.

"Ooo, don't try to read me. Cuz you know damn well you usually be right next to me, bitch." he said. I chuckled yet again. Donnie was always a source of amusement.

"Well, I'ma have to take a rain check tonight, and anyways, I got a photoshoot in the mornin so I need to keep my ass home." I said as I left seafood after placing two bags of shrimp in my cart. As I turned the corner to go to the pasta aisle, I stopped in my tracks.

"No fuckin way!" I said, genuinely surprised at what I saw. Standing at the other end of the pasta aisle was none other than Nicole Gotti.

"What? What happened?" said Donnie on the other end of the phone.

"Donnie lemme call you back. I gotta make a phone call right quick." I said and hung up the phone. I quickly dialed Mia's number and held the phone to my ear. As I waited for her to pick up, watching Nicole from the my end of the aisle, I couldn't help but smirk. Damn, I haven't seen this bitch in almost two years now. And she good and pregnant. I shook my head. Whoever the baby daddy was, he was surely in for some grade A bullshit. If she was still the same trashy hoe from high school, that nigguh's whole life was about to become difficult.

"Hello?" answered Mia.

"Biiiitch, guess who I just spotted in Whole Foods." I said.

"Who?" she asked, curiosity in her voice.

"Nicole fuckin Gotti."

"Oh fareal?"

"Bitch yes! And check this shit out, she look like she about 6 months pregnant, yo."

"WAIT WHAT?!"

"Bitch, yesssssssss!" I chuckled at her shock. 

"Nuh fuckin weh. Yuh 'ave fi send mi a picture." she said, her accent coming out fully. That's how I really knew she was shocked. Her accent only came out if she was angry, excited or shocked. I did my best to discreetly snap a picture of Nicole before I sent it to Mia's phone. I placed the phone back to my ear and waited for her to get it.

"NUH FUCKIN WEH!!" she said when she had finally got it. I chuckled again at her shock.

"That's crazy... I mean I knew she had followed Dre out here to L.A. but... I thought once Dre left her and joined the league, she would go back to Ohio. I guess I was wrong."

"Wait... I'm sorry, I think I heard you wrong. Did you say she followed Dre out here?" I said, my mood instantly switching with this new found information.

"Yeah... he didn't tell you? They was kinda together after you left, well I mean kinda but not really. Dre never really gave a fuck about her, he was just mad at you, and she took full advantage of that." she said. I watched Nicole as I contemplated. Me and Dre had been together for a little over 3 months now. And while I had no sure way of knowing how many months pregnant she was, wheels began to turn in my head. I hope this ain't what I think it is.

"At the last minute, I got accepted for pre-med at UCLA. Dre was offered a basketball scholarship here and Asia had been got accepted before both of us but she wanted to stay at with me at Central. But once I got accepted here, all 3 of us decided to go... and well, Nicole followed Dre. It was her dad's friend that scouted him for the first draft pick. He stayed with her long enough to make a name for himself, that way he couldn't be kicked off the team when he dumped her." she informed me. I began to try and count the months in my head. He got drafted at the end of June and it's now December, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,....6. Six months. Dre was with her six months ago and here she stood before me lookin every bit of six months pregnant. I wanted to cry.

"Mia I gotta go. I'ma call you later." I said, not waiting for her reply as I hung up the phone and walked away from my shopping cart, leavin it there in the middle of the aisle. I was so pissed, tears started falling. I qucikly made my way to the parking lot and hopped into my car, fighting the sick feeling in my stomach as I pulled out of the space and speeded through the lot. I angrily wiped away my tears as I pushed my foot down hard on the gas, weaving through traffic on my way to the stadium.

I was about to cause a fuckin scene.