"Attack on Titan" Facts

The first and only anime I watched so far... So proud of myself! ☺️

831. The favourite character of the creator of the show,  Hajime Isayama, is Jean Kirstein because he is so honest and able to say things one would normally not say out loud

832. Captain America and Spider-Man once fought the Titans in a collaboration between Marvel and Hajime Isayama called "Attack on Avengers" which was digitally released as part of Marvel's Free Comic Book Day issue Secret Wars #0.

 Captain America and Spider-Man once fought the Titans in a collaboration between Marvel and Hajime Isayama called "Attack on Avengers" which was digitally released as part of Marvel's Free Comic Book Day issue Secret Wars #0

833. You can even buy Attack on Titan perfume with scents designed to fit the character's personality. Levi, for example, has a "fresh soapy scent" while Armin Arlert has "a tender vanilla aroma". 

834. The Titans aren't the biggest mystery in the show. In one of the additional informational texts, it is revealed that in the year 784, a man tried to dig a tunnel under the Wall Sina, hoping for a better life on the other side. He failed though, because the wall never seemed to end and eventually, he dug so deep that he discovered a layer of rock that was identical to the material of the Wall. 

835. Two live action movies came out in 2015 in which Levi does not star because the production team wanted to focus on the relationship between Eren and Mikasa.

836. Hajime Isayama actually planned on killing of Sasha Blouse. However, his editor cried when reading the story board and managed to convince him to spare her life. 

837. The Titans were designed after famous material artists

838. Scientist Zoe Hange's gender is actually not specified. Although voiced by an actress and depicted as a woman in the anime, confusion rose amongst fans and Isayama left it open to interpretation as he doesn't consider Hange's gender as relevant to the plot.

 Although voiced by an actress and depicted as a woman in the anime, confusion rose amongst fans and Isayama left it open to interpretation as he doesn't consider Hange's gender as relevant to the plot

839. Levi is actually over 30 years old. Like, whaaaat?

840. Also, Levi was modeled after Rorschach and some of Erwin's character traits were taken from Ozymandias (both from the Watchmen series).