Superhero Facts

Dedication goes to pymparticle because I love 'Avengers: Reckoning' more than I can vote.

______________

51. JARVIS, Iron Man's artificial intelligence, is just an acronym for 'Just A Rather Very Intelligent System'.

52. Samuel L. Jackson is the perfect casting choice for Nick Fury from the comics. The reason is that the Nick Fury in Marvel's Ultimate Universe was based on Samuel L. Jackson.

53. There is a superhero called 'Flash Preußen' ('Preußen' = Prussia). He wears swimming trunks and lives in a prefabricated building.

54. Marvel and DC maintain the trademark for the word 'superhero' (and any of its spelling variations).

55. Michael Jackson almost owned Marvel Comics because he wanted to play the role of Spider-Man.

56. Superman was originally supposed to be a bald scientist focused on dominating the world.

57. Stan Lee, creator of many famous Marvel superheroes, was afraid that Daredevil would offend blind people.

58. The Symbiote Venom was planned to be a woman.

59. Following the critique of a child psychiatrist who believed that comics spoil the American youth, Wonder Woman was created to educate the readers about feminist ideals.

60. The Joker was actually going to die through some fatal accident in Batman #1. Editor Whitney Ellsworth saw potential in the character, though, and brought him back to life.