Video Game Facts

So, facts about video games... Everybody should know that I don't play them; I couldn't possibly have known and found those facts on my own, so this chapter is dedicated to TheReal_Deadpool for the usual: proposing the topic and compiling the facts, the works, you know...

121. Minecraft was originally an indie game started by a guy nicknamed Notch. 

122. Pong was the first game ever made.

123. In 1986, Nintendo released a special Disk System peripheral for the NES in Japan. Among its features was a microphone in the controller, which certain games used, including an updated version of the original 'Zelda'. You could only destroy a certain enemy by shouting into the mic.

124. The famously awful 'E.T.' game for the Atari 2600 actually sold more than its most famous game, 'Space Invaders'. E.T. sold 1.5 million, while Invaders only shifted a million.

125. In 'The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening', the advisor from the SNES version of Sim City, Dr Wright, appears in a house. He's named after Will Wright, the creator of the Sim series.

126. There are currently over 100 million Game Boys in the world; both the original and the colour variant. 32 million of them are in Japan, and there are 44 million in America. Dang America, you must love your Nintendo!

127. Attacking the fat, black pig on Outset Island in 'The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker' will eventually cause it to attack. It's invincible, though, so watch out.

128. Every American home owns at least 2 video game consoles and yes, phones and computers count.

129. If you cheated while playing the Sega 32x version of Doom, after the game ends you're taken to a fake DOS prompt. You can't quit out of it, and the only way to escape the screen is to reset the console. If you didn't cheat, you get an extra cutscene.

130. If, for some strange reason, you still have a Madden NFL 06 save game on your memory card, a special Madden van will be unlocked when you start up Burnout Revenge on PS2.