Facts about books, ...

Oh my god, I am still laughing my ass off because of that bad pun in the description... Okay, as this is a book about facts, the first 10 facts will be all about books. I hope you enjoy!

~Jasper

__________________________________________________________________

1. There is actually a Japanese word for "buying a load of books and then not getting round to read them". The word is "tsundoku".

2. The most expensive book in the world costs 153 million euros (=200,9 million $), is only 13 pages long and took the author 30 years to complete it.

3. "Bibliosmia" is not a highly contagious plague, but the technical term for the enjoyment of the smell of old books.

4. People in India are the world's biggest readers, spending an everage 10.7 hours a week.

5. The Harry Potter books are said to be the most banned in America because of religious complaints.

6. The slowest-selling book is reputedly a 1716 translation of the New Testament from Coptic to Latin. *Not even I would've read that* The last of its 500 copies was sold in 1907, after 191 years!

7. "Alice in Wonderland" was originally banned in China for having talking animals.

8. The world's smallest book is Robert Chaplin's "Teeny Ted From Turnip Town" (70 by 100 micrometers) and you can't even see it with a microscope.

9. "Gulliver's Travel" described the size and orbid speed of the moons circling Mars 100 years before astronoms.

And (because I couldn't find anything else):

10. "Fifty Shades of Greys" is Britain's best-selling book of all time. *no words* Why, people, why? How low can you get?

__________________________________________________________________

☆ Vote if you also have "Bibliosmia" and often do "tsundoku"