A Miraculous

I silently stalk over the streets of Paris. Ok, stalk seems too weird of a word. How about watch? Glance? Hmmm. This is like the feud I had with Marinette in that dream so long ago. Never mind.

So I was looking at a specific house in particular. Marinette didn't know that I was doing this. She had to attend business to the house I was looking at. Well... rather an apartment.

I was looking into Nathanael's window. I know! I seemed like such a stalker. But I really need to know if he is good for the miraculous or not. If he was, he could join our crew! That will be fun. But alias, the guy went to sleep.

There were two other men there that looked slightly like him. Well, the red hair gave that away entirely. They are his brothers. I could remember him saying they were coming over.

So he went to sleep before I could even speculate on it. Sucks to be me I guess. I sighed and jumped off the building I was on, landing on my two feet.

I glanced around the empty street. So.... Barren... So... Quiet. I went back to being a civillian and walked away quietly.
----------------------------

The next day, I had to wake up early. So I did. I woke up at around 4h30 ((Because I learned in French class that's how they take time?)) And got ready. The costume was already at school so I didn't have to go and put that on.

It was about 5h46 when I reached school and was looking pretty decent. Marinette wasn't here yet. She's always late as figured. But then I see her bolting on.... Roller skates?

"Marinette! Watch out!!" I yelled and it was too late. She crashes right into me. I landed with a thud. She landed on top of me. I could still hear the whizzing of her wheels. I look at her groggily.

"Oh. My. God. Adrien I am so so so sorry!!" She hugged me. I laughed a bit. "It's ok... It's not the first time I've hit pavement before. It hurts a little less than it does when I'm Cat Noir" I smiled and got up, holding a hand for her. She grabs it instantly.

She leans on me for support. "I take it you didn't want to be late" I asked. "Ah.. yeah I didn't. I put my other shoes in my backpack so I didn't have to wear these all day" she laughed.

We walked inside and make it to the black box (a room behind the stage). People were frantic. Everyone was looking for their costumes, props, and other things. Nathanael reaches me first. "Oh thank the Lord's you two are here! Get changed Adrien. Marinette, you come with me to fix some part of the thing I bent while leaving my house" he grabs her arm and she waves me a goodbye, skating away with Nath.

I stood there for a second and then went instinctively to the costume room. I didn't know why we had to get dressed or anything. Most of the time we practiced with our normal clothes on. There were a select times we practiced with all the other nooks and crannys.

But everyone looked so rushed this time. Is it because they day of the play was slowly approaching? I got nervous for a minute. Then I remember, I'm playing myself. There is nothing to get nervous about!

I happily put on the one piece leather suit and the head band. The bell on my neck rings like crazy as I bend down to put on the boots.

I was ready. If only I had my staff with me and that will add to the full effect. But the fake staff was in the prop closet. I walked out of the changing room and glided out of the black box, onto the stage.

It was awesome. The lights were working too! Nathanael did a good job with everything! The sets were also ready as well. Well... Most of them anyways.

I hear some faint music playing in the background. It is the French National Anthem. I whistle to it as I sometimes do until Chloe hugs me out of no where.

"Awww look at my beautiful cat!!" She laughs. "Be quiet Chloe. I honestly just want to get through this" I sighed. "Ugh fine! Be that way! I'm going to make up!" And she walks over to the general direction of where make up is.

I didn't get her. She was so... Persistent. I guess maybe that's why we are friends in some way? I don't know. But the lights turn off and the curtains go down. It's time to rehearse.