How can he say something like that ?

This isn't the Pierre I know !

I immediately put on my clothes and grab my back as I hold the doorknob, and I yell one last time as I try to hold back my unshed tears.

"I hate you, Pierre Simone"

...

...

"Celine ? Hello ?" I see Pierre hands in front of my face, causing me to quit my daydreaming.

"Are you okay ? You were spacing out"

I nod my head as I take a sip of my coffee. I couldn't possibly tell him I was having a flashback of that dreadful morning, and I can't let him now that I am still thinking about that incident.

"What do you want to talk about ? I don't have much time" I say trying to sound as cool as possible, I couldn't lose my composure here.

"Actually, I want to talk about what happened two years ago"

Oh.. wait, what ?

"What ? What do you mean ?"

He looks at me straight in the eyes, and he takes a sip out of his coffee.

"You know what I mean"

"What is there to be talked about ? It's over, everything is over, there is nothing left to be discussed"

He put his index finger on my mouth, trying to silence me.

"I know, it may be over for you, but you should know Celine, I did that for a reason, do you think I am actually that cruel of a person ? To leave behind the woman I have loved for years for nothing ? I am not that dumb of a man. Trust me, Celine, I had my reasons"

My fist clenches. How can he just say that after all these years ?

"I don't want to hear those reasons" I say as I am getting up, but then I feel a grasp on my hand, and Pierre is holding it tightly, as if it's the end of the world.

"Please, just listen, I promise you it wouldn't take that long"

Somehow, his gaze makes me obey what he wants and I sit down with my hands crossed in defensive position.

"You must have known, that all along, I have only lived my life with my father, since my mother passed away when I was twelve" he continues talking with a slightly sad expression.

"And around two years ago, my father re married to a woman named Selena Quint, which became my step mother, and she brought along her daughter, a.k.a my step sister you just met, Amanda Quint"

I never knew that his father was remarrying, though our family was pretty close in the business term, I have never heard the news, that is pretty weird. At this moment, I begin to start listening to what he has to say, and I guess it's not that bad of an idea.

"My father wanted me to begin inheriting his company, and so, he sent me to a business training in America for a year, and in Several different countries in Asia for another year, and it was a lot of moving, and I had really tight schedule"

He begins to remember something that seemed a little bit painful, as his expression turned into that of a pained one.

"And that day, was my last day in Italy, I thought it would be for the best if I broke up with you, so I could concentrate on my training, but now I realized I made a stupid decision, i shouldn't have said all those words to you, I should have just told you to wait because I know you would wait for me back then, I should have known, that two years is nothing compared to what I could have if you waited for me, but I was too selfish and it was one of the worst decision I have ever made in my life"

I listen to every single one of his words, and I can hear regret on his face and his tone, but something inside me already felt hurt, as I don't understand why he wouldn't just tell me about it back then instead of doing things like that. Why couldn't he trust me back then ?

"Then, what do you want now ?"

I look at him trying to not feel any sort of sympathy, but I know it would be impossible, so I just try to tone it down a little bit.

He takes my hand, and look at me straight in the eyes.

"Please give me one more chance, Celine"

My heart drops instantly, as I freeze there, not knowing how to respond.

Author's Note

Hello people, thanks for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it.

Anyway, I want to let you know that the next chapter is not the flashback anymore so I will use Destiny's P.O.V again

What do you think about Pierre ? And do you think Celine should end up with him again or should she end up with Romeo ?

Please vote, and comment

Love,

Celestial X Cross