Chapter 16

(A/N): wowie lookie at me updating on timeish I'm so proud of myself 😂 anyway here's chapter 16 hope you enjoy!

(Jas pov)

Anthony took my hand and pressed it to his lips as we walked down the street, the sky filling with more and more colors as the sun set. It was a gorgeous evening but I couldn't hide my excitement. Could I call it excitement? I mean it was really more nervous energy.

Anthony puts his arm around me as we continue to walk down the street. I'm praying that he can't notice my nervousness. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down, I don't want to let him know that I know what's going on.

We come up to a cute little restaurant and walk in. It's small but it's beautiful inside. The table cloths are cream with lace and the napkins have good detailing. There are little chandeliers everywhere and the wine glasses have little gems on them. Not to mention the food looks and smells amazing.

Anthony checks us in and the waiter leads us to our table. We're seated in a little private room off to the left hand side, but we aren't completely isolated from everyone else. It's a nice spot, Anthony did wonderful picking this place out. I'm about to pull out my seat but he does it for me and I laugh. "Thank you Anthony." I say with a smile.

"You're welcome my gorgeous." He replied and I blush. He chuckles at the sight of my cheeks growing red and grabs my hands to hold them from across the table. He's talking to me I can tell, but I can't make out what he's saying, I'm too lost in his eyes. "Jas? Jas? Jazzy! Jasmine! Jasmine Cephas Jones? Jasmine Ramos!" He says. The last one grabs my attention.

"Yeah?" I ask. "Did you hear my question?" He asks. I shake my head. "No, I'm sorry. I got too lost in your eyes." I say. Now he's the one blushing and I smile as he chuckles. "I asked what would you like to drink, red or white wine?" He says with that big smile that I love so much. "How about white." I say. "Sounds good to me." He says.

Our drinks come and we talk about the show and just random little things. It's nice to feel like I'm on a real date again, we haven't a real date in what seems like forever. We play with our fingers which are interlocked with each other.

"What you did for me was really nice this morning, thank you so much for the relaxing bath." I say looking down at our hands. He pulls one of his hands away and uses it to tip up my chin so I'm looking up at him. "Anything for you, you seemed like you needed a nice relaxing bath before actually starting the day." He says.

Our food comes and after our plates are taken away we decide to talk about dessert. "The cheesecake looks good." Anthony says. I nod. "Wait oh my gosh they have a special today that's two fudge bowls with vanilla ice cream inside that's topped with strawberries!" I say clearly excited. When the waiter comes back that's what we order.

We finish dessert and we are waiting for the waiter to come back with our check. Anthony asks something that catches me off guard. "Jasmine can I ask you a question?" He asks. 'Uh-oh,' I think, 'he never uses my full name unless it serious.' "Yeah sure, what is it?" I ask .

"Well I've been thinking a lot recently about how you've been saying how it's hard for you to fall asleep without me there and the truth is it's been hard for me too. We've been dating for about three years, but I don't think I'm asking this too early. Jasmine I love you more than you'll ever be able to imagine, so will you make me one of the happiest guys alive and buy a place with me?" He asks.

I'm completely stunned by this. I thought he was going to ask for my hand! I don't know what I'm feeling but then I realized that I'm feeling relieved. In order to get married we should make sure that we can really live together first and plus I'm not sure if I was ready to be engaged to. I realize that I haven't responded to his question when I hear him say "Jasmine?".

He looks worried and scared, like he did something wrong. I smile and stand up. I lean over the table and grab his shirt collar and gently pull him close to me, placing his lips on mine. We kiss passionately for a couple of minutes, with him still sitting down and me on the very tip of my toes to reach him, my arms wrapped around his neck.

I pull back to breathe, but lips are still on his. "Is that a yes?" He asks, looking into my eyes. "Yes." I say breathlessly. Anthony stands up and walks over to me. He grabs me by the waist and pulls me into another kiss. We stay there for a couple of minutes, my hands on his chest, his arms around my waist and kissing.

After we break apart we sit back down and wait for the waiter to come. He grabs my hands and kisses them while I giggle. The waiter comes and hands us our check.

After paying, we walk out of the restaurant hand in hand, into the gorgeous New York night.

(A/N): yay chapter 16! you thought he was gonna propose didn't ya. PLOT TWIST YA THOUGHT WRONG! Lol but I guess I did kinda trick ya because I mentioned it in the last chapter. Have a wonderful day, I have to go do homework oops I'm supposed to be doing that right now but oh well. See ya next week!