Lane

Standing there in the arms of a women that was like a mother to me as a child was wonderful. She had the common sense than my own parents did. I felt strange to have someone other than my aunt be this loving to me.

Once she let me go i dropped to the ground and i knew Levi was right there with me. My heart was swelling and i felt for the first time almost six months that i was loved for myself and that everything was going to be good.

"Lane what's wrong why are you crying?" i looked at Levi and smiled a watery smile, "you have no idea how if feels to be loved by people that aren't related to you and to be hurt by the ones that are supposed to care for you."

I watched understanding filter through his eyes and he just held me. Thank god he did not try to have me stand and walk.

I finally gathered the strength to stand and i walked to his room his mom as retreated to her room and will not be bothering us because we have much to discuss about the project.

We sped that whole night learning things that have changed over the years. I'm happy that some things never changed and others have. He still has that blue blanket that he drug everywhere when we were younger.

Then there is that doll. It was blonde haired and emerald green eyes just like him. His grandmother had found it and gotten it for him when he was just a child and it was the last present she got him before her untimely death. No One but those of us who knew the story would know the meaning behind why he has the doll would think it was creepy.

I touch the doll and smiled at it. I know it's childish but his has the same effect on me, "what are you thinking about?" i was brought out of my thought by Levi. i turned to him, "do you remember that you?" he looked at me kind of weird until what i said and then looked away. "That's the year we stopped talking."

I walked over to him and got on my knees, "you want to know something odd?" he tilted his head, "that's the year that i knew i was gay and that i care for you like a friend shouldn't care for another friend." his eyes widen and i nodded. "You mean even though i pushed you away you still cared for me?"

I nodded my head and stared at him, "you have no idea how it broke my heart seeing you cry and to see you become mister bigshot and to leave me in the dust. I knew that was how things happened but i never dreamed that this would happen." he gave me a watery smile, "Lane i'm so sorry i didn't mean to push you away. I never meant to hurt you and now i see. You were there for me when i needed you and i just threw you away as though you meant nothing." i just kneel there and waited for him to finish.

He pushed me back and then out of nowhere i'm on my back and he's kissing me. I'm caught off guard but soon join in. there is so much passion and love in the kiss. There is no want or need for physical sex but a spiritual mixing of our souls is very much alive.

We lay back and just cuddle up and i turned on is radio and turned back to him. "Lane you are so sweet," he kissed my forehead and then pulled me in closer to his clothed chest and that's where i was until the following morning,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The at morning i wake and i am still snuggled up to him. I breath in deep and sigh at the feeling of him surrounding me. I close my eyes and wait for him to wake and when he does it is like watching a sunrise for the first time. I see when he registered me in bed with him and that he is holding me. I smile at him, "Good morning Lane." "Good morning Levi. how did you sleep?"

He looked around the room, "i slept good and yourself?" i kept the smile on my face, "like a baby with a full tummy." we bust out laughing. He nuzzled me, "god i like that you are so corny." i push im playfully and then we heard something we were both dreading, "boys get up." we sigh and get up taking turns in the bathroom. One brushing teeth and the other using the toilet.

We head down stairs and there at the stove is his mom making breakfast. "Good morning mom," she turns around and graced us with her loving smile, "good morning sweetie and you too Lane." i blush and she just smiles at me and goes back to cooking.

We eat and head out to the park to spend some time to ourselves.