Lane

It was the first day of school and it was also the last first day of school for me and i was happy. I knew all of my teachers and they were all pretty laid back. I knew that it was going to be a hard first semester, yet the second was going to fly by. I got up early so i could beat my mother and father out the door and so i would not have to have her take me.

I get to the school and sit outside waiting for one of the faculty to come and open the doors for the day to start.

Finally Mrs. killers came and unlocked the door and she smiled at me, "good morning Lane. you are here offly early." she let me past her and i followed her to her classroom and set down. I was no surprise i was here early but not everyone knew my reason for not wanting to be near my house. I do not plan on anyone finding out and i am going to keep it that way.

Anyways about thirty minutes later the car riders and buses started showing up and i headed to the lunchroom. Like i'm going to get anything to eat. I set down at the table in the corner and watched everyone come in and get food sit and eat then leave. Ms. Margret look at me with sad eyes and gave me a weak smile. I knew she knew because she is one of my neighbors and he hears everything.

The other week i finally got the courage to tell my parents about me being gay. Well you know they did not take it well. My mother blamed my father for always being at work and my father blamed her for not letting me watch man shows on tv.

My father was a man you didn't want to piss of and well i had set him off and i ran for it, but before i got to the front do i was drug up stairs and he lashed me. I could not got to the pool or with my aunt to the beach. Nor could i sleep. I was terrified.

Ms. Margaret told me that i was welcomed over anytime i needed away and with me still being under age i could press charges but i was not ready, they are my parents and i just am scared.

Jake my cousin was over the other day and he saw the fading marks and knew right away who did them. He knew his uncle Mike had a temper and Jake is the only one of my cousins that treat me as though i am not a monster. My aunt Sara told me that when i was ready she was willing to give me a home,

I knew i had people there for me and i just was so scared. They gave me life and yet here i was feeling like a failure to them, but seeing the sadness in Ms. Margaret's eyes i knew that it was time.

I will go through with this and soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that morning i was late getting to english and i knew Mrs. Smith was the teacher and she would not grill me. I walked in and she turned to me and smiled at me. I went to my normal seat by the window and she went on teaching.

I looked at the grade school building that was just across the road and smiled at the small oak tree that is now six years older and that had mine and Levi Everhearts name carved on it. I smiled at the memory and then i was startled but a hand on my shoulder and looked behind me. None other that Levi Everheart was standing there.

"Lane you and i are partners," i looked at him confused as a paper was laid in front of me and i still had no clue. Levi smiled at me, "you weren't paying attention where you?" i shook my head and he sighed at me.

He goes on to explain the project and come to find out there where three parts to the project.

Part 1: we were to look in our emails and print off the papers then answer them

Part2: we were to stay over at each others houses and see what a weekend was like.

Part 3: we were to write a small essay on what we learned about each other and to share that with the class. So there was an oral part to the assignment.

Fuck im so screwed. I dont want Levi knowing about my father and mother and what they did to me. Looks as though i'm gonna have to talk to aunt Sara. i smiled at Levi and then looked down as my thought started racing. We agreed to meet at the library around six after his football practice and it gives me time to talk to my aunt Sara. god this fucking sucks....