Chapter 10: Revenge

Start from the beginning

“That’s quite a compromising position that you’re in, Hana,” Haruna stated, taking a few steps towards the two girls entangled together.

Mami looked up through the blonde locks that had fallen in her face, her breathing slightly heavy as she could feel the small beads of sweat beginning to roll down her forehead.

“Does it remind you of anything though?” Haruna continued. Mami could hear the soft laugh come from the girl in her arms, her head bowing and her black hair falling forward.

“You mean the time I gave your girlfriend a lesson she deserved?” It was only seconds after Hana had said her words did she feel the fist connect with her face again. Only this time, it had come from Haruna and not from Mami.

Hana’s head snapped up to glare at the girl who had struck her. Haruna had stepped back, her own eyes narrowed into a glare and her temper finally reaching its peak. The only thing Haruna could feel right now was anger.

“Deserved? That’s funny because from where I’m standing, it looks like you’re the one who deserved the lesson,” Haruna countered her. Hana smiled up at Haruna, her mind going through all the ways she could reply to Haruna. Even if one of Haruna’s little minions had her held down, that didn’t mean she was just going to let Haruna win like that.

“You know, Hana, those bruises look quite nice on you,” Mami chimed in. She could hear the new laugh that had left Hana at her words.

“Do they? I wonder if they look as good on Rina--” Hana’s sentence was cut short, Haruna striking the girl in the face again. Hana could feel the soft trickle of blood trailing down her chin and she knew that Haruna’s hit would leave a nasty mark on her. She was getting real tired of these two leaving all these marks on her face like this.

“Don’t test me,” Haruna warned her.

“I’m just answering your questions, you know,” Hana countered. Haruna scoffed, rolling her eyes at the girl before taking a few more steps towards her. Haruna was done playing. She hadn’t even started to really play yet but she didn’t even want to look at Hana right now; it was time to get this over with so she could get far away from her again.

“Now, Hana, I think your memories of that night might be a little skewed. But I’m sure Mami remembers it just as well as I do,” Haruna said, her attention turning to the girl holding Hana down. Mami shook her head in an effort to get the hair out of her face as her eyes connected with Haruna’s, the boss giving her a silent order to speak.

“But it would appear that the tables are turned this time, wouldn’t it?” Mami asked. While she said her words, Mami dug her nails into Hana’s exposed arms, making a whispered hiss of pain be released from the girl. Haruna smiled at what Mami had done, closing the distance that was left between her and Hana.

While she did so, Mami let her mind began to drift off back to that night. Back to the night where nearly everything began to come unraveled for Rina. Mami didn’t even know how it had happened or how Hana had accomplished it but as much as Mami would like to pretend it was just a bad nightmare, she couldn’t. She knew it was a reality.

Mami remembered the night clearly as if it were still recent despite having been done months ago. She remembered how Haruna had come to her house in the middle of the night nearly in hysterics; it had been the first time in forever that she seen the headstrong girl crying. Haruna showed her the weird text messages that she’d been getting from Rina, she had begged Mami to come look for Rina with her. The girls had called everyone, but no one seemed to know where Rina was at. No one had seen her for hours.

The girls hadn’t been searching for long before they started getting directions from Rina. They followed the directions, being led to the familiar park. They searched the park for what felt like forever to the two worried girls before they found the group of people they’d been waiting for. There was a part of Mami who regretted finding them even though she knew that it was best for Rina that they be found.