31 - Anything For You

Start from the beginning

All eyes turned to my brother who stared at me. I saw the anger at our parents in his eyes but also the pain of them not being around. He finally sighed and sat back down next to me. "Fine, you can stay but don't act like you own the place."

The room visibly relaxed so my dad put on a lazy smile. "We're going to go to bed," His brown eyes went to me. "Are you going to be okay, honey?"

"I'll be fine..." I mumbled and pulled the covers down revealing my huge cast. I heard my mother gasp when the burns and broken leg came into view but I ignored it and shifted out of Jace's embrace to hold my arms out to Dillon. "Take me to the bathroom?"

My dad stepped forward, "Oh, I've got it—"

Dillon glared at him so he backed up. "I'll get her."

My brother carried me to the bathroom then left me to do my thing. After I was done, I stood up on one wobbly leg and scooted over to where I gripped the counter. I opened the door and called to my brother.

"I can get you," Jace smiled and since Dillon was nowhere in sight, I let Jace carry me off to my room and deposit me on my bed.

"I'm sorry you had to, uh, listen to that," I looked down and fingered one of my bandages. "And thanks for staying with me when I woke up..."

Jace smiled and sat down on my bed. "No problem, Pey. Anything you want, I'll do."

Can you reverse time so I never got into the fire? I don't think so.

Regardless, I gave him a little smile and snuggled into my covers but then froze when I felt him get up. "Wait!" I stared at him. "Can you... Can you stay?"

Jace stared at me in disbelief. "Are you sure?"

I nodded. "If you want to, I mean. It's just that I don't like the nightmares and being alone..."

He nodded and since he was already asleep before I woke everyone up, he just slipped into my bed without having to change. My bed was large and fit the two of us comfortably without being super close. I flipped over on my side so we both faced each other and smiled.

For a while we just stared at each other then he reached up and touched my cheek.

"Have I ever told you that I love your dimples?" To prove his point he poked both of them, which made me smile.

"You might've mentioned it a few hundred times."

"Well, I'll mention it a hundred more," He was quite for a few moments. "What do you like about me?"

"Nothing."

Jace rolled his eyes and a wide smile rose onto my face. "I'm serious. I compliment you all the time but I get nothing out of you. I know you've got to like something because..." He trailed off and bit back his words. I know we both knew that he was about to comment on my crush on him.

I just stared at him for a moment before reaching my hand up to run my fingers through his hair. "This," I muttered. "I love your hair. Happy now?"

He seemed to have frozen as soon as my fingers touched him. To be honest, I surprised myself by doing that. I should still be pissed off at him for lying to me but to be honest, he's been acting differently since I've woken up from the coma. He's more like that guy I knew before all the Kayla stuff. The guy that I fell for.

"What's on your mind, Jace?"

I removed my hand and it was as if he woke up. "Oh, nothing much. Just thinking about things."