The Sun Also Rises

Third Person POV

QUARRY

Elena is pacing back and forth in her circle of fire. Jenna is kneeling in hers. “How are you feeling?” Elena says to Jenna trying to comfort her knowing it will be there last night together before they died but Elena was thinking of a plan.

“I feel like myself... Only not. Everything is brighter. The fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything.” Jenna says looking towards Elena taking everything in.

“Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts.”

“I'm gonna die, aren't I?“

“No! Jenna, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do.“

In the distance, the sounds of twigs snapping and Jules groaning are heard by Elena and Jenna. Jenna's head snaps towards the sound. “Who's that?“ Jenna says looking towards the sound.

“That must be the werewolf.” Elena says looking towards the noise to see, Greta pushes “What's happening to me?“ Jules says while she is laying on the floor in pain. “I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free.“ Greta says as she moves away, flicks her wrist, and a third ring of fire encircles Jules.

“Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed.” Elena says trying to get her to stop helping Klaus.

“My duty is to Klaus! The new order.” Greta says then starts the spell. That is when Klaus arrives pulling Sophia along with him. Sophia was pulling so he would let go. “Glad to know I still have a dance partner.” Klaus says. He pushes Sophia so she falls to the floor and Greta puts a ring of fire around her to so she couldn't get away.

SRS---

Sophia's POV

I was sitting on the floor looking around to see Jules, Elena, and Jenna are still contained in the rings of fire. Jules continues to moan in pain. I looked towards Klaus to see that he retrieves the moonstone from his pocket.

“I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it.“ Klaus says when he was standing next to Greta. I knew that I was going have to chose between my father or my family, my family will always come first.

Klaus hands the moonstone to Greta who takes it and looks up at the sky. “The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?” Greta says and starts the spell. “I remember.” Klaus says looking towards us. He looked at me last and said “my dear Sophia, we will be hybrids soon and will be great together.

Greta drops the moonstone into a stone bowl filled with flames. Sparks fly as the moonstone is destroyed. Greta begins chanting a spell in Latin. Klaus approaches the rings of fire. Jules still lies on the ground, moaning in pain, but looks up at Elena. “Everything I did... I was just trying to help Tyler.“ Jules says as Klaus gets closer to her.

“Are you Jules?” Elena says to her. “I didn't want him to be alone!” She says. Klaus was now closer to her and looks down at Jules. “Shall we?” He says.

The ring of fire around Jules goes away, Jules eyes turn yellow and she uses her werewolf speed to rush at Klaus. But Klaus gets the upper hand and pins Jules to the ground, plunging his hand into her chest and ripping out her heart. Jules takes a final breath, tears streaming down her face, and dies. Klaus breathes heavily as he holds the bloody heart in his hands. Elena, me and Jenna look on, horrified.