057

Finale | This Isn't Goodbye

I created the manip at the top so you can see how
Cassie and Klaus feel when they see each other.

If you listen to music while reading, I recommend
This Town by Niall Horan, the lyrics fit this chapter perfectly.

▂▂▂▂

I scrolled through my phone looking for Elena's number. I walked down the two steps and into the living room. I glanced up to see Stefan drinking from a bottle of bourbon. Music was blasting loudly out of the speakers.

"Cassie! Help me celebrate my seventeenth high school graduation." He said, holding the bottle up.

"Seventeen years of graduating, congratulations on being the oldest senior to exist." I said as I turned the music down, "I can't party, I'm meeting Elena for lunch."

"Hey, you remember Lexi, right?" He said. Before I could respond, I was suddenly pinned against the wall at vamp speed.

I groaned and laughed, "Dramatic entrance much?"

"Well, you always were quite the drama Queen." Lexi smirked before letting go of me.

"So, you're still here. So are Jeremy and Alaric. Which means the veil is still down and something went wrong." I sighed. I walked over to Stefan and took the bottle out of his hand.

"Hey, hey, if you're not partying, you don't get any alcohol." Stefan slurred, taking the bottle back.

"I think you're drunk enough." I said. I took the bottle from his hand again, "I'm taking this for Alaric."

"Sorry, mom." He joked.

I turned to Lexi, "Second time back as a ghost. What other unfinished business do you still have?"

She walked behind Stefan and put her hands on his shoulders, "Stuff with this one."

"Well, good luck with that. I'll see you later." I started walking away and then turned back to them, "Unless the veil gets put back up then, it was nice to see you again, Lexi."

She smiled, "You too, Fell."

▂▂▂▂

I shoved the big, greasy burger into my mouth. I chewed on it, enjoying the taste. I hadn't really eaten food much, I usually just had bloodbags or alcohol. Alaric, Jeremy, Elena and I were sat in the cemetery eating lunch together.

"Mm. Oh, my god." Alaric moaned, a mouth stuffed with food. I chuckled.

"Mm." Jeremy made the same noise.

Elena laughed, "No grease on the Other Side, huh?"

"You have no idea how much I've missed this." Alaric held up a bottle of bourbon, "And this."

Elena took the bottle making Alaric shake his head, "No, hey. Hey." Elena ignored him and took a swig.

"She just got her humanity back. Let her live a little." Jeremy said. He reached for the bottle but Elena pulled it away, I chucked.

"Hey, you wish." Elena said.

"I'm dead. What are they gonna do, throw me in juvie?" Jeremy joked.