055

Fifty-Five | Emotions And Explanations

The house was quiet.

I sat on the sofa, staring into thin air. I didn't know what to do.

Elena was locked in a cell downstairs, slowly desicating. I stared at the fireplace that was slowly burning. I sighed and took out my phone to see a missed call from Elijah. Suddenly, it started ringing again. I thought to let it ring because what could he possibly say? But I ended up answering it.

"Hi." I said.

"Cassandra. I was wondering if we could meet?" He asked.

"I thought you left for New Orleans with your family?"

"I had to come back to tell Rebekah but you know how she is, she's decided to stay here. So, would you meet me? I can't leave knowing you hate me." Elijah replied.

"You left without a second thought before, what makes this time any different?" I asked.

"I'm not coming back." He replied.

I sighed, "Where do you want to meet?"

"At the mansion. I'll see you there."

The call ended and I pocketed my phone. I pushed myself up from the sofa. I hadn't spoken to Elijah properly in months. He didn't know about Kol and I having sexual relations. And now I was falling for Klaus. This was going to be difficult conversation.

Stefan walked into the room just as I put on my jacket, "Damon still has Elena locked in the safe. He's been in her head for an hour."

I flipped my hair out of my jacket, "Seriously? Still nothing? She's been locked in there since prom, that was days ago."

"I know." He sighed, "This isn't working."

"Well, I offered to rip her head off." I smiled. He didn't look happy at that, "I'm joking. Why don't you let someone she's known for years see her, like Matt or Caroline?"

"We're not letting anyone see her, that's the whole point. Isolation leads to misery leads to emotion."

"She hasn't improved at all, Stefan. You need to start looking for different ways." I told him, grabbing my phone off the sofa.

He crossed his arms, "Where are you rushing off to?"

"Elijah asked me to meet him before he leaves for good." I told him.

"You think talking to Elijah is a good idea? Does he know about Kol? Or Klaus?" Stefan asked.

"No and I don't plan on telling him. If I talk to him, then it's all over and I don't have to keep thinking about it anymore." I replied.

"And Arabella?" Stefan asked.

"If I can forgive and forget about you killing my parents and I can fall for Klaus, of all people, then I'm sure I can forgive him, if he gives me good enough reason to. Plus he's moving to New Orleans so I don't have to see him again." I replied, "Let me know if she makes any progress."