Chapter 11

Chapter 11

~

"I am not young enough to know everything" -Oscar Wilde

~

We set sail towards the island. I sat with my arms crossed next to Lucy facing Caspian and Edmund. Caspian had forced me to come saying 'I was the best fighter they had' and 'he didn't want to leave me alone on the ship'.

I gave him a blank stare as we approached the island.

"Stop looking at me like that!" He commanded, but I didn't stop. "It's making me feel uncomfortable!"

"That's the point!" I shot back, and we rode the rest of the way there in silence.

"Onwards! The thrill of the unknown lies ahead!" Reepicheep was far too enthusiastic about this.

"Couldn't this have waited until the morning?" Eustace asked.

"That's what I'm saying!" I replied. "Thank you, Eyebrows!"

"There is no honor in turning away from adventure, lads," Reep replied. I rolled my eyes.

"Where is everyone?" Lucy asked.

"Gone," I replied simply.

"Come on, jelly legs," Reep tried to get Eustace out of the boat while I watched in amusement.

"I am more than capable of doing it myself," Eustace shot back right before he fell to the ground.

Reepicheep sighed as I almost fell to the ground laughing.

"You're certain he's related by blood? Ophelia said yes earlier, but I need to be absolutely certain." Caspian asked.

Lucy sighed in response. "I told you," I nudged Caspian.

Suddenly a large bell rang. "Dear Lord, it's starting," I sighed.

"What's starting?" Edmund asked as I walked up the ramp with my arms crossed.

"Hell!" I called back without turning around.

"Maybe we should wait here then until that 'Hell' shows up," Caspian suggested.

"No." I stated. "We need to keep moving if things are going to go right."

Caspian rolled his eyes. "If we're not back by dawn, send a party." And with that, they followed me up the ramp.

"Yes, your majesty," Reepicheep replied, and scurried off towards the men.

We found our way towards the residential area of the place, and I felt really freaked out. Eustace was walking around looking in all the windows like a creep, and the others walked around as if something was going to come out and kill them.

"Yeah, so it looks like nobodys in, so do you think we should head back?" Eustace asked.

"I'll stay here and keep guard." Edmund suggested.

"That's a really bad idea," I warned. "Eustace should do it."

"That's a bloody terrible idea," Edmund warned.

"It'll be fine. Who would he be guarding from anyways?" I shot back.

"Fine," Edmund sighed, and we kept going.

It didn't take us that long to get there. We walked around the room which was filled with basically nothing but air and dust.

They looked around the room with wonder. "I'm ready to go when you are," Eustace informed.

"We're fine, Eustace," I called back. "Nothing is going to happen!"

Edmund and Lucy made their way over to the slave records. "Those are slave trading things," I informed them.

"Is that what they are, records?" Edmund asked.

"That is literally what I just said, dingus!"

Then, a bell rang, and men came down from the ceilings.

"Look out!" Caspian warned.

Suddenly, we were all engaged in a brawl with slave traders. I fought even though I knew it wasn't going to have a positive impact on the story, but I knew everything was going to go as planned. Then, I heard Eustace's scream, and the lead slave trader walked in holding Eustace in a choke-hold.

"Dear God," Edmund sighed. "I told you not to let him guard!"

"Everything's going to be fine." I reassured him.

"Unless you want to hear this one squeal like a girl again, I'd say you should drop your weapons," the man holding Eustace suggested.

"Like a girl?!" Eustace exclaimed.

"That's completely sexist!" I gasped.

"Now!" The man shouted, and we dropped our weapons as asked.

"Eustace," Edmund seethed.

"Put 'em in irons," The man holding Eustace, who I presumed was their leader, ordered, and the others complied.

"Let's send these two to market," the leader said, pointing to Eustace and Lucy. We were all resisting and ordering to be let go, so it was a little hard to hear. "Send those three to the dungeons."

"Why the girl?" The man constricting me asked.

"She looks vicious, and no one wants a vicious slave," the leader replied, walking up to me.

"Why thank you," I gave him a smile before spitting on him.

"Listen to me you insolent fool," Caspian shouted angrily, "I am your king!"

One of the guards slapped Edmund. "You're going to pay for that," Edmund promised.

"Actually, I think someone's going to pay for us." I replied.

"Clever girl," praised a man that had just entered the room. "Take them away."

Edmund and Lucy were calling for each other as we were dragged separate ways. I let them take me without resisting, for I knew where we were going and what was about to go down.