He looks down at my hand then back at me, his eyes still wide. He looks up at Nora and she nods, smiling. He looks back at me and reaches his hand out. “Michael.” He says as we shake hands.

I smile. “How old are you?” I ask him as I sit down on the floor and cross my legs.

He sits and crosses his legs, too. “Five.” He says as he holds up four fingers.

I smile and reach forward, pushing his thumb out so he showed five fingers. He looks at his hand then back at me and grins a toothless smile. He was adorable.

Alex sat down and reached his hand out. I had forgotten about him standing there. “My name’s Alex.”

Michael looked at his hand then back at me. I realized he did the same thing with Nora. He must be asking silently if it’s okay. I nod and smile. Michael reaches his hand out Alex and they shake hands.

“Hi Alec.” He says, smiling another toothless smile.

Alex laughs softly. “I like that name. You can call me that.” He tells the little boy.

I look at Alex. “You wanna go talk?” I ask him with eager eyes. I wanted him. He was adorable and has my heart already.

Alex nods, smiling at my eagerness. We get up and start to walk out of the room. Michael yells at us. I turn around and see him having to be hold back by Nora. “Don’t go like everyone else!” he wails.

My heart broke at the sight. Tears started coming from his beautiful green eyes. I walked over and snatched him up from the floor, hugging him close as he sobs into my shoulder, clinging to me. I hold him close, putting my head in his hair. Once he calms down I look back at Alex, pleading with my eyes.

He nods, grinning at me. I grin also and look back at Nora. She was smiling at Michael in my arms. “We’ll take him.” I tell her.

Her face brightens, but falls as she asks, “Are you sure? This isn’t a car; you can’t just bring him back without scaring him.”

I nod without hesitating. “I love this little boy already.” I tell her.

Her face brightens again and she grins at us. “Well I will need you to come fill out some paperwork and then he needs to pack and-”

Alex cut her off. “I will handle the paperwork and Xavier will help him pack.” He says, grinning at me as I held our new little boy.

Nora smiles. “Okay, well I will need you to sign the last page. You will be one of his father’s so I will need it recorded.” She says, looking at me.

I nod, still holding Michael. They leave the room and I go to set Michael down, but he protests loudly. “What is it Michael?” I ask him, straightening back up.

He looks at me and smiles. “Carry me to my room!” he yells.

I laugh and put him on my back. I gallop out of the room and hear laughter from the room. I turn back around and go back into it and start neighing like a horse. The kids laugh more and I gallop back out of the room, Michael giggling the whole way. He directs me to his room and I set him down on his bed.

He giggles as he bounces on the bed. I look into a closet and see a bag with his name on it. I take it out and I go to his drawers that he told me was his. As I was getting clothes out he asks, “Are you gonna be my new Daddy?”

I froze and turn to look at him. His eyes have so much hope in them that it breaks my heart. “Yes, I am, Mickey.” I tell him, using a nickname I thought of.

He giggles again. “My names not Mickey!” he screams, smiling.

I grin back and jump next to him onto the bed. He bounces I land on it. He giggles again. “It’s going to be my nick name for you. Is that alright?” I say to him.

He thinks about it before giggling. “I love it!” he exclaims.

I laugh. “I'm glad you do.” I say and get back up, resuming the packing. Soon I had all his clothes put into his bag.

“What are your toys?” I ask him, looking around the room at all the stuffed bears and toy cars.

“The bears and stuffed cars. My best friend, Peyton, he likes bunnies and airplanes so don’t get those. Those are his.” He tells me with a stern voice. He didn’t want me to take his best friend’s toys. That’s cute.

“Where is Peyton?” I ask him.

He giggles. “He’s in the closet, hiding.” He tells me.

I look up at him, then the closet. I was just in there. How did I not see him? “But I was just in there, Mickey.” I say, confused.

He giggles again. “He was under some clothes. I saw him!” he tells me and jumps off the bed and runs past me and to the closet. He turns around and puts his little finger to his lips. He wants me to be quiet, but yet he was yelling he knew where he was.

He opens the closet door and pounces onto a pile of clothing. I hear a squeal and a little blond headed boy jumps out from under the clothing. Holy shit! He looked just like Alex! The blond hair and blue eyes matched Alex perfectly.

He runs over to his bed and jumps onto it. He looks up at me with wide eyes. “Who are you?” he asks, standing up on the bed. I think he was trying to add height so he didn’t look so small to me.

I smile. “I'm Mickey’s new daddy.” I tell him.

He tilts his head, confused. “You’re Mickey Mouse’s daddy? But you don’t look like a mouse!” he exclaims.

I laugh. “No, Michael’s nickname is Mickey.” I say.

His eyes tear up and he looks at Mickey. “You’re leaving me?” he asks, heartbroken.

Mickey nods, tearing up, too. “Yeah, Peyton.” He replies, just as heartbroken.

I couldn’t separate these two! I mean Mickey looked just like me and Peyton looked just like Alex! If this wasn’t fate then I don’t know how this happened. I scoop Peyton into my arms and grab Mickey’s hand.

“Y’all will not be separated!” I tell them as I make my way down the stairs and to Nora’s office.