Chapter 3

Chapter 3            *Alex’s POV*

“Why does it seem like the school doesn’t have as many people today?” I ask Peter as we sit under the tree.

He glares at me. “Guess.” I opened my mouth but he continued. “Just guess.”

I looked around the garden area. All the humans were here, my pack was here and Xavier’s pack was—they weren’t here…

“Where is Xavier’s pack?” I ask him.

He glances at me. “They left.” He says vaguely.

My eyebrows furrow. “What do you mean they left?” I ask him.

He looks up at the sky. “They left the state. They joined the Crescent Moon Pack. Xavier’s dad had been talking the other alpha and when he died Xavier’s dad was told that in his will, it stated that he wanted to join the packs. The Crescent Moon Pack obviously couldn’t come here, there was already two packs. So they left. Their gone, Alex. Your mate is gone.” He tells me.

I scowl at him. “He is not my mate!” I hiss at him. Did that mean Xavier told people? Who did he tell? Is Alice going to find out?

Peter scowls. “So you don’t want to believe one of your best friends?” he asks.

“I do! But I can’t believe this. It’s just too unbelievable. I know I’ve fucked guys before, and I liked it, but I'm not gay, I don’t know why I would have him as my mate.” I tell him.

He looks at me. “You’re lucky, Alex. Gay werewolves go from liking guys to getting turned on by a girl. Their mate is the only girl that could change them. Some can’t handle it. Some can.” He says.

I look at him as he looks away. I knew he was bisexual. He wasn’t open about it, but he told me. He’s going to be my beta when I become alpha. “Do you want your mate to be a guy?” I ask him softly.

He nods hesitantly. “I do. But if I get a girl, I’ll be fine with it, but I really want to have a guy. I want to be able to do it both ways, ya know?” he says. I nod. He wants a guy so he can give and receive it. He continues. “I want someone who can hold me, who is big enough to hold me.”

“Does that mean you’re a bottom?” I tease, trying to lighten the mood.

His head whips in my direction and he glares. “Shut up!” he yells.

I laugh. “It’s okay if you are.” I tell him.

He huffs. “You’re a bottom, too.” He grumbles.

My eyebrows rise in shock. “You think I'm a bottom?” I ask him, astonished.

He nods. “Xavier could top you easily.” He says, glancing at me.

I scowl at him. “He could not.”

He laughs as the bell rings. “Come on, man. Let’s get this dreadful day over with.” He says and we walk to first period.