Chapter 32

Aysherh_suraj FMwrites All belongs to you!❤️💘💟

Ruqayyah's P.O.V

I felt....

Empty.

Somnolent.

And sick.

I haven't had a sweet sleep and a good meal ever since that day. Which was exactly two days today. Yeah, i was quite angry in those few days but now i was no more. However, i was listless.

Hajia mama spoke with baba that day but she didn't fill me in on what he said. They landed in kano yesterday from Saudi. I was neither happy nor was i sad but sure i felt a little relieved. None of them spoke to me about anything regarding al amin but i knew it was on the way. So, i waited patiently.

"Ruqayyah!" Hajia mama called softly, bringing me out of my reverie.

"Hmmm?" I answered, sitting up from my laying position. "Have you eaten?" She asked, with concern. Hajia mama had been super duper nice to me lately. She pitied me. She felt sorry for me. But I didn't like it, not at all. I needed to be strong. I didn't know why but i felt like it was almost impossible.

"Yes" I lied, faking a smile.

"Okay then, your parents and al amin's are waiting for you in the parlor, get dressed and quickly go" She smiled back and walked out.

My heart suddenly began to race 16263times in a second. After four minutes of trying to steady my racing heart, I finally manned up and wore my long blue hijab over my pink over-sized shirt and black leggings. I looked at myself in the mirror and immediately regretted doing so. I looked utterly ridiculous with the bags and paled skin. Taking in a deep breathe.. I walked out of the room and into the parlor, where i met them all sitting.

"Salamu alaikum" I greeted in an almost inaudible voice.

"Wa alaikissalam" They answered in unison before i slowly walked to where mama was sitting and sat on the carpeted floor where yasmeen was also sitting. I noticed al amin and one elderly man were also in the parlor but I didn't dare look up.

"Ina wunin ku?" I greeted respectfully.

"Lafia lau" They answered.

"How are you my dear?" That was Umma.

"I'm good Alhamdulillah" I replied looking at my fingers then slowly turned to my left side to look at yasmeen "Hey"

"Hi, how have you been?" She enquired with a smile. I rolled my eyes at her kindness before i gave her a short nod.

"Assalamu alaikum everybody.." Baba cleared his throat "Alhamdulillah, i see we're all gathered, i think we should start talking about what actually brought us all here"

"Yes, exactly" Abba spoke in his authoritative voice "This is really an important issue we're going to talk about and its all about you al amin and ruqayyah" He paused "Months back, me and alhaji Ameen decided to marry our children together thinking our friendship bond would be stronger but alas! we were wrong, you people are instead trying to diminish the bond. But bare in mind, that will never happen in shaa Allah, my friendship with Alhaji ameen will never lessen, it will only become stronger" He paused again for some seconds "Ruqayyah you begged us to officiate the wedding after your first year in university which is exactly a year and we accepted and thought it was even a good idea, you people might even get to know each other more before the wedding... We're aware of all the things happening between you two, well we wouldn't say there wasn't an improvement but not like how we expected.." He cleared his throat. I could almost feel the sound of my heartbeat.