Chapter 21

Picture of Ruqayyah on the top!!👆🏾☝🏾

It's the beginning of the holy month of ramadan, everyone tightened their belts. Striving to be a better muslim, loving to meet the night of power (Laylatul qadr), jubilating and what not. Markets are roaring, grocery shopping, getting all excited about Eid day.

Today was the 5th day. The fasting wasn't really hard Alhamdulillah maybe it was because of the weather. Abba and umma invited me and hajia mama for iftar today. It was already four past six, I quickly slipped into my atamfa and wore a matching veil, a black flat shoe then my handbag.

"Wai yarinyar nan won't you hurry ne? Why are you taking forever to get dressed?" I heard hajia mama's voice from the parlour

Taking one last glance at the mirror, I hurriedly walked out of the room and went straight outside to the car. Once at their crib, we found yasmeen talking to one of their maids outside.

"Ina wuni?" She greeted hajia mama and hugged her.

"Lafia lau, how are you? Ya azumin?" Hajia mama enquired smiling at her.

"Alhamdulillah, lets go in" she grinned.

I crossed my arms across my chest "So hajia mama has replaced me? I'm sure you didn't even notice me"

"Sorry sweetheart, I didn't know you were here because you were standing like totally invisible" She said and poked out her tongue.

I shook my head while she pulled me into a hug.

"Lets go in" She ushered us in and held my hand. We found Umma and Abba in the parlor. They welcomed us in and exchanged pleasantries. After 20minutes of chit chatting, we heard the adhan.

We ate some dates before yasmeen took me to her room and umma took hajia mama to hers while abba went out to the masjid.

It took everyone 15mins to pray and come back downstairs. We all went to the dining area which was full with different kinds of food.

"Salamu alaikum" Al amin, khalifah, faruq and two girls, who without a doubt were faruq sisters, greeted in unison.

We greeted back and exchanged pleasantries.

The lady who seemed to be around 20years, sat next to me, by my left.

"You must be rukayya" she said smiling.

I smiled as well and nodded "Yes, Faruq's sister right?"

"Yes, I'm aseeya" she introduced and I nodded again "Its nice to meet you"