Chapter 4

I believed all of your dreams, adoration....
You took my heart and my keys and my patience...
You took my heart on my sleeve for decoration...

~~Work~RIHANNA
_____________________________________________________________________

Al amin's P.O.V

It had been thirty minutes since ruqayyah came to the parlor and she was really beginning to get on my nerves at the way she was speaking and laughing as if to wake the dead, on the phone.

I picked the Tv remote and added the volume all the way up. She immediately looked at me, annoyance evident on her face

Yeah! Satisfied.

She stood up to her feet and picked the remote, "I believe Allah has blessed you with eyes and ears and you can witness what I'm doing, manners please."

I stood too and we were now standing very close to each other just some inches away. "Hi kid, its nice seeing you again." I said emphasizing on the word 'kid' knowing it would definitely irk her.

Her frown deepened, "Don't ever call me that again, ever again."

I raised my left eyebrow, "Oh really kid?"

She moved and her hand mistakenly pushed the cup i was holding, all the drink came pouring down on my clothes.

Shit!! Not again... Great just great.

I looked at my stained clothes and then to her, she was laughing really hard that tears started to flow from her eyes.

"My bad, dirty boy." She said in between her laughter.

I took hold of her arm, making sure the grip was so tight that she couldn't move, "What the hell was that? are you out of your mind?..i ... You... whatt.." I trailed off, my throat working.

"I'm very sorry please it hurts, it hurts." She said her voice cracking.

I immediately loosened my grip, "This should be the last time you would pour something on me, try me next time, you will regret it."

I expected something like 'I'm sorry I won't do it again' or 'I'm sorry I shouldn't have done such a thing to you' but I watched incredulously, my blood boiling as she she stuck out her tongue and said, "Dirty boy, you better go clean up, okay?"

Ya Allah!! This girl...

And even after she hurriedly ran out of the parlor, her evil laughter still resonated around the room. That girl was a demon.

Great! I have to go now.

I hadn't even finished my food, not that I was that hungry, but Ya husna would surely feel bad when she came back to an untouched food.

I took my phone to call her, contemplating. Should i say, 'I have to leave right now because that crazy sister of yours poured a drink all over my clothes?'

No!!!! That would sound absolutely stupid and senseless....!

After deliberating for some minutes, I made up my mind. I would just say what comes first on my mind, but then I realized....

Darn it! My battery had drained down and i left the other phone in my hotel.

I sat quietly thinking of what to do...

Finally i came up with an idea, though it wasn't the best but i had no other choice than that, I wouldn't just go to that crazy girl and ask her for her phone or tell her, 'Hey when ya husna comes back tell her that you poured my drink on my clothes, so i have to go back to my hotel.'

It would sound really stupid and i won't even do that.

So I just decided to leave and call her later.

*****

Rukayya's P.O.V

"Salamu alaikum," Ya husna said as she peeked her head into my room.

She walked in and sat on the floor facing me, "Where is al amin? Don't tell me you left him all alone in that parlor?" She squinted her eye.

I chuckled, remembering the reason why he left.

"Why are you chuckling? Tell me, what have you done?" She asked suspiciously.

"He left 30mins ago. I think." I replied with a nonchalant shrug.

Her eyes widened, "What? I mean why? I hope you didn't do something stupid. Ahhh... What kind of girl are you? I knew something like that would happen."

I shrugged again, stifling a laugh, "He said he has an appointment with someone and it is very important. So he had to leave abruptly." I lied now trying to maintain a straight face.

She pouted and i rolled my eyes at her childish behavior. She was twenty five.

"But he could have called me at least." She said, a bit miffed.

"Your fault, you shouldn't have invited him in the first place and you made me cook for him. He is such a crazy guy." I murmured the last part but of course, she heard. Her ears were always pricked up.

"What did you just say? Crazy guy?"

"No I was referring to hakim in this series Empire I'm watching." I lied again, ugh! I hated when I do that.

She let out a sigh, "Did he eat?"

"I don't know." I made sure my tone matched my bored expression.

She shook her head, "I will just give him a call later in sha Allah."

I simply nodded, moving my attention back to my Macbook. For all I care, Al amin could go to hell.

****

Concluding my isha' prayers, i recited some duas before i folded the carpet and removed my hijab. I let out a deep sigh, plopping myself down on my bed. I was bored as hell, i watched all the series and movies i had on my laptop.

Ihsan was with her arabic lesson teacher and Ya husna was probably there in her bed on the phone with her husband. He had been in Malaysia for some business trip for almost a month now, that was why she was always on the phone with him disturbing our lives with the sillest words.

Baby, sweetheart, honey, Habibi and the likes.

Sometimes, I couldn't help but think what my husband would look like. Would he be that handsome that girls would rush after him?

That thought always made me feel sick, well, because I was absolutely the jealous type.

Would he be truthful and loyal?

Would he cook and feed me when I'm sick?

Would he piggyback me?

Would he call me his baby or habibty?

My phone shrilled snapping me out of my thoughts, i jumped in horror.

Ya salam! I placed my hand on my bosom trying to compose myself. But seeing the caller, my face instantly split into a wide grin.

Baba!

"Babaaaana." I said, excitedely.

"Na'am 'yar autana (Yes, my last born)." He said from the other end, my grin grew wider.

"Ina wuni baba? I miss you so much, where is mama?"

"We are all good Alhamdulillah, she just went to her domain, her kitchen. I hope husna is feeding you well?"

I laughed, "I miss mama's scrumptious food, my goodness, her masa especially. And yes baba you won't believe me when i say my tommy is as big as yours now."

The thought of me having a tommy as big as my father's dancing windeck made me laugh so hard and next thing, I was on the floor on my butt.

Ouchhhh!

"Autana i will cut that small mouth of yours right now." He threatened, with a note of laughter in his voice.

I laughed again, laying back down on my bed, "Okay baba I'm sorry but you seriously need to start working-out, I will make you run for about 40km every day when I'm back."

This time he laughed too and I could imagine him shaking his head, "My tommy is fine, absolutely fine, its you that I'm worried about, you need to gain some more weight."

I pouted, "I'm okay like this baba."

"Thats what you always say, autana guess what?"

"What?" I asked eagerly, sitting up.

"Your admission is out congratulations."

I shouted in excitement, "DanAllah baba? Are you serious? Finally someone will stop calling me his little baby, I'm now a big girl. Oh yeah."

"Well, the fact that you got your admission doesn't mean that I will stop calling you my little baby because you still are a baby." He emphasized.

I moved my index finger side ways, "No way baba I'm now a big girl not your little baby, I'm all grown up."

He chuckled, "You're just 19years for Heaven's sake ruqayyatu."

"Babaa" I whined.

I still couldn't understand why Baba and Hajiya liked changing my beautiful name to some sort of crazy crazy things.

"Baba why do you have to add the '-tu' its nicer the way it is, people might think your daughter is eighty when you call me that. And Hajiya mama's case is even worse, I don't even what to start on it."

"Well I thought I had the right to call my daughter with anything I want? Even Rakiyatu."

I whined again, baba was clearly hellbent on this.

He suddenly cleared his throat. Drumrolls, here comes the most important part. I listened meekly.

"You will have to come back tomorrow because you people are going to start your registration a ‪day after tomorrow which ‬will be Monday. So you have to come back as soon as possible."

Tomorrow? Ugh! that was not fair, i wanted another stress free month. More sleep, more movies and more fun but what? I wasn't that lucky.

"But baba gobe fah, now are you going to send your driver?"

He was quiet for a moment before he spoke, "Thats what I'm thinking. I will let you know later in sha Allah when i decide, take care of yourself."

"Okay bye, love you."

"Love you too."

I disconnected the call and buried my face in my pillow. I hated long journeys and it was approximately seven hours from katsina to Abuja. My God! I was so not looking forward to that trip.

An hour later, Ya husna entered my room and settled on the bed beside me, "Al amin will be leaving to Abuja tomorrow and you go with him."

I looked up abruptly, my eyes wide, "What? With that guy? No way."

Ya Allah! This can't be happening

She frowned, "You have to go with him. Isn't it even safer?"

"I'm not going anywhere with him." I mumbled.

"Okay then, I think you can just call baba and inform him that yourself." She said unbothered, making me even more annoyed.

That woman was impossible. She knew i couldn't call baba and tell him that without him asking for a solid reason. And honestly, I had none, apart from how much I hated Al amin's guts. But that was enough reason right. Or maybe not. Ugh!

What do I do?

Ya husna's lips curled into a smile as she stared at him, "Aha. You better sleep, you guys will be leaving by ‪9am‬ sharp." she said and closed the door behind her. Not before flashing me a wink.

Oh My Allah!

Wheew!! Aswear Writing is really not easy oo. Anyways, what do you guys think?? Al amin will be taking rukayya to Abuja.. How is the trip gonna be?? Hahahaa I can't wait...

And sorry for the spelling mistakes....

Don't forget to
Comment
And
Vote

Lots of love💕💕💕

Ruru❤️