Chapter 14

Alhamdulillah, only a few days to Ramadan. May ALLAH (SWT) give us all the courage to utilise this month of blessing at its best. May He grant peace and harmony to you all. Ameem thumma ameen.... Jumma'at mubarak!!

______________________________________________________________

It was weekend, hajia mama had gone to bauchi for a wedding and she won't be back until Monday. So yasmeen came to spend the weekends with me, I was ever so grateful i didn't know how to thank her. Ever since hajia mama left, i have been thinking on how I was going to stay in that house all by myself. Much as the maid was around, she was just so weird, when she did all the house chores, she'd go back to her room and I won't see her again.

My room was literally scattered. Popcorn and clothes littered the floor, you do not want to know about the bed, one will swear that we were doing a small party in there. We were tired of eating, watching, singing so i called ameela on skype.

"Oh my god" Yasmeen screamed "You know that book too?"

"Of course yeah, i love ahmad so much, I'm kinda jealous of zarah" ameela made a sad face "But truth be told, they are so perfect together, I can't wait for the next update" she squealed

I introduced them to each other just last 2 weeks but they were acting as though they grew up together or something. But what else could you expect from them? They have many things in common, for example they are both talkative, funny and they like to irritate others like hell. But i love them

"Why are you quiet?" Ameela asked dragging me out of my thoughts.

"Maybe she's thinking about him" Yasmeen said with a devilish smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion "Who?"

"Al amin" they replied in a 'duh' tone.

"What? You guys are crazy" I rolled my eyes.

"There is one picture you need to see" yasmeen spoke looking at ameela on the screen. She took her phone "I will send it to you".

Ameela screamed and i quaked a little in fright.

"What the.... yasmeen you... you're just so freaking cool, awww look at them they are just so cute together" ameela spoke looking at the picture yasmeen sent to her. "Are they couple? I want to see them too" i said, bored.

Yasmeen turned her phone to me, so that i could have a clear vision of the picture.

"What?" I almost shouted.

Guess what? It was that picture yasmeen snapped us the other day, me and al amin fighting over a piece of pancake.

Ameela made the 'aww' face. I frowned "I thought he told you to delete that picture" i said pointing at her phone.

She shrugged "Well.. How do you expect me to delete this beautiful picture?, i assure you even your jikoki (grandchildren) must see this picture".

I just rolled my eyes at her. She very much know that me and her brother; al amin are not on a good terms but she always act as though we're the best couple ever in this whole wide world.

'We are the most weirdest couple' I thought to myself.

And they started to talk about 'my wedding', the events, the makeup artists, how they will dress that day, the musicians they will invite and whatnot. After 15minutes they finally came to an end of their crazy imaginations. Yeah, imaginations, because I'm very sure its only 20 percent of what they'd imagined will become true. For me, i just want a simple simple simple wedding without a single party not even a bridal shower. Like seriously, I don't get why they're all so crazy about the wedding, i see nothing special in it, like i said before, its not like the president's daughter or emir's daughter's getting married or something. Don't get me wrong, i had always dreamt of a fairy tale marriage, but with al amin it was now pretty much opposite. Everything changed.

"Guys lets do something fun fun" Ameela spoke

"Like?" We asked her in unison.

"Anything" she paused "Maybe 20 questions?"

"Okay cool, who will start then?" Yasmeen asked.

"Me" ameela raised her hand with a wide grin. "Okay lets get started" yasmeen rubbed her palms together.

"My question goes to you Rukky babe"

"Shoot"

She put a finger on her chin "Arr... Where do you want you guys to go for your honeymoon?"

I wanted so badly to say 'As if i want us to go for a honeymoon' but i answered with "Paris"

"City of love" yasmeen sang and I playfully slapped her arm.

"Okay okay, my question goes to you" Yasmeen pointed at ameela "If you were to make dinner for me, what would you prepare?" She batted her eyelashes.

Ameela thought for a moment before an evil grin materialized on her face "Rice and miyan kuka (hausa traditional soup)"

"Gross" I and yasmeen spoke simultaneously and she started to laugh hysterically.

"No thanks" Yasmeen said rolling her eyes.

"Believe me, it would be the best dinner you will ever have" ameela said in between her laughter.

"Best dinner, rice and miyan kuka?" Yasmeen scoffed. And we all laughed

"Okay now, my question goes to you baby yasmiiii, have you deliberately broken anyone's heart?"

"No" she simply answered.

"That's a lie" I shot her a glare that says i-dare-you-to-deny and ameela raised a brow.

"Okay only once" she laughed "But I was dared by a friend back in school, and that fool thought i really liked him" she muttered the last sentence.

"Poor guy" i placed a hand on my bosom dramatically.

"Rukky baby my question" ameela spoke with an evil grin and wiggled her eyebrows.

Wicked soul!

"If al amin would come now, kneel right in front of you, look straight into those doe-like eyes of yours, bring out a black velvet box and say i vow to make you the happiest woman on this earth, i promise to be your lover, companion and friend, your partner in parenthood, Your ally in conflict...." I cut her off, "This is not fair, why do you have to ask me questions related to him?"

She shrugged "I will cut it short then, after all the blah blah blahs he finally ask will you marry me, what would be your answer?"

Silence

"Hello" ameela snapped her fingers as though she was in front of me.

Silence

"Come on, what would be your answer?" Yasmeen shook me.

"Ahhh..." I paused "We are already engaged, so of course i would say yes"

"What if you guys aren't engaged?" They asked simultaneously

"I would say yes" i answered briefly and gave a nonchalant shrug.

If not because of yasmeen's presence, i would've snapped my fingers in front of ameela's face and say "No of course".

We continued with the game and before we knew it, it was already magrib time, so, we said our goodbyes and went to pray.

After we've prayed we sat and read the qur'an until the isha prayer was called. We prayed isha and decided to clean the messy room by ourselves which was really fun.

Yasmeen is a complete opposite of her brother. Though she acts crazy at times but she was just a sweetheart. She was so much fun to be with, spreading joy, cracking jokes, irritating people. Believe me, you will never be bored if she's around, i really like her.

Salam, Kaifa halikum aeza li? amul taqumun bih jayidaan..... *ahdan* wa *qublat*

Hello, how are you my darlings? I hope you are all doing well... *hugs* and *kisses*

Did you enjoy?.... I know this isn't the best but i will try to make the next chapter a little fun fun in sha Allah. Don't forget to vote and comment

Lots of love💕

Ruru❤️