Chapter 20

Dedicated to Aseeyah1234

The next afternoon🌺

Ruqayyah's P.O.V

"Achoo" I sneezed for the zillionth time today. I muttered an 'alhamdulillah' and buried my face in my hands. This is exactly what someone gets when they stand in the rain for almost an hour. A running nose, massive headache, loss of appetite, sore throat and a puffy face.

I blew my nose one more time and placed a hand on my forehead, feeling like 272626 nails being hammered on my diencephalon .

Hajia mama came into the room with a salam. I managed to answer back while she sat next to me. "Har yanzu ciwon kan? (Are you still feeling the headache?)" she asked softly, her hand on my back. I slowly nodded.

"Eyyah, I think you should take these.." I quickly looked up before she could finish "Please hajia mama not again, i took like 1000 pills just 5 hou...." I sneezed "..hours back and you want me to take these?" I said looking at the meds she just placed on the table in front of us.

"Yes, i called Dr. Sherium and he told me to go get them, you have to take this medicines if you really want to be okay, it will help you reduce the fever and the headache" She said sternly. I felt my eyes brewing with tears.

"Do whatever you want to do but you have to take them" She took a glass cup and poured water in it then placed it in front of me.

"Oya ansa (Come on, take)" She gave me two capsules and two tablets. I reluctantly took the the glass cup and swallowed them one after the other.

"Very good" She smiled and took the cup. Hajia mama's maid came rushing into the room with my phone "Somebody has been calling you Ma".

I harrumphed and collected the phone then let out a groan when i saw five missed calls from yasmeen and two from zahra. I dialed Yasmeen's number since she was the one that called first, while hajia mama walked out of the room but of course not before warning me to come and eat immediately when I finish the phone call.

"Hello Rukky, I hope everything is okay, Why were you not in school today? I have been calling but you weren't picking, zahra told me she called too" Came Yasmeen's greeting from the other end.

"Hey yasmii" i said, with a husky voice.

"Wooo, Whats wrong with you?, are you sick? Did something happen? Ruqayyah what happened?" She questioned at one whack.

I couldn't help but smile "Yasmeen do you expect me to answer all these questions a lokaci daya? (at once?)"

I could imagine her rolling her eyes. "Of course yeah" she said in a duh tone.

"Then you're sick" i said and shook my head. I cant even recall the questions.

"Come on, Tell me" she whined "I'm worried".

I placed a hand on my forehead and leaned back in the chair i was sitting on "I'm sorry i left my phone charging in the parlor thats why i didn't pick and I'm seriously sick i have a fever"