#16 Isaac

Timothy fucking Simone.

He grinned at my mate like she was fresh meat and he was a starving man. I growled loudly and my mate squeaked and Timothy only grinned harder.

"Yes this is my first. Probably my last by the sound of it." She sent me a worried glance.

"It's okay, we won't attend them often. Only every other year. But most women tend to schedule their births around this time, so I witness it."

Timothy walked towards us as I lowered my mate to her feet.

"You look absolutely stunning. Your true beauty shines when your ripping out someone's spine though." He winked at her.

No. My wolf howled in my mind.

"Back away from my mate Timothy. I don't want you to touch her, look at her, talk to her, or even breath too much near her! She is mine." I said calmly.

He paled dramatically but stilled managed a weak smile full of malice. "Whatever you say, Alpha." He sneered and with one last look at my mate, walked away.

Nicole turned her glaring eyes my way. "You want to explain?"

I smiled and guided her forward. "All in good time my sweet."

A piercing yell broke through the gentle silence. We walked into the woods where dozens of females were naked and swollen with child. Many in different stages of child labor. Some not even in labor yet.

Nicole visibly tended. "What do we do now? I've never been to one of these."

I smoothed a tendril of hair from her beautiful face. "I have to go around and deliver them. Since I have a decently large pack, I can't bring them all into the world so my Beta, Gamma, and Omega will help me. Either the baby or parent won't make it, they shift too much for a stable birth. So I'm a natural relaxant to their wolves to stabilize things." I informed her.

I shivered at the thought of her pregnant. I'd never leave her side. Not even for a moment.
She searched my eyes and narrowed them.

"So if they almost never survive, why try?"

"There is no werewolf contraception." She raised a brow.

"If they have sex, they will get pregnant. Every full moon brings mating urges. Mates can't resist one another." We start moving towards the first mother.

She is small but her belly is large. She winces in pain but manages to smile. "Hello Alpha's. It's my pleasure to meet you miss." She had blonde hair and big brown eyes. She was also propped up on a few pillows and laid on a blanket.

"Hello Ella. What are we having?" I asked. I let my wolf seep through my eyes. She immediately relaxed and smiled.

"It's a little girl. I just know it. Only a girl would harass me this much." My mate giggled which had both women in a fit of laughter. Laughter which turned to grunts of pain.

"You're close Ella, I'm gonna need you to focus on your humanity and push with all your might." I yelled through her pain filled haze.

She grunted and pushed. This went on for a few minutes until we saw the head of a baby. My mate gently helped pull the baby out. It was shifting into a baby wolf. I saw Ella's wolf before I understood what was happening.

My mate jumped out the way before Ella bit her. "What the fu-"

I took the pup from her arms and tried to hand him to Ella. She sniffed it and shuffled back. Then shifted and limped away.

"What happened? Why doesn't she want the baby?" Nicole yelled.

"It's not a girl. Her mate died so him not being a she set something off in Ella. At first I thought because your scent was mixed with his but you hadn't nursed him. Overall, she doesn't want him now." I explained.

She stared down at the hairy pup. "Is this common?"

I sighed. "Most females without mates will leave their male pups for dead. There are more males pups born than females but only 37% make it to adulthood."

"What do you do with them?" She had silent tears falling down her face.

I brought her in my arms. "We have a orphanage for them. Adoptions happen everyday so don't worry about him."

I guided her to the next female and watched as her heart broke when she didn't make it through the birthing process. I'm a bad mate.