THIRTY NINE

Maine

"Oh wow! Maine that dress is gorgeous." April gushed as I show them my Valentino vintage lace wedding gown.

"I know. I am so excited to wear it." I tell her, carefully touching the delicate and intricate Chantilly lace. We are inside one of the bank's meeting room in New York where my wedding gown and my mom's jewelries are kept for safekeeping.

RJ and I decided to bring the family to New York to spend the week before New Years there. We are all staying at my townhouse. It is a tight squeeze, but we were all able to manage.

Lowlow and Lowla are staying in the big guest room, April and Riza in the smaller room while MamaTen and Dad are sleeping in a separate airbeds on the second floor living area.

"I have a treat for you girls."  I tell Riza and April.

"What is it Ate?"  Riza asked.

"I scheduled an appointment at Kleinfeld's today so you can get your dresses for the wedding."  I replied.

"Oh shit!  Maine seriously?"  April shrieked.

"Wait, Ate ano ba yung Kleinfeld?"  Riza asked April.

"Riza, it is the wedding shop in New York!  By appointment lang dun. Doon yung show na Say Yes To The Dress! I am super excited, parang ako na din yung ikakasal!" April exclaimed.

"Ha ha ha.  That's why I showed you my gown first so you'll know what to get."  I tell them. 

I love it when my girls gets excited.  So far we've been shopping almost everyday since we got here in New York. 

I asked RJ if we can have a girls day out today, and after hours of whining he finally agreed.  Him whining and pouting and giving me the sad eyes, I feel like I am taking care of a five year old sometimes.

"So girls are you ready to shop for a bridesmaids dress?"

"Of course we are! Let's go!" April shouted excitedly.

I finally decided, after searching the internet for ideas, that I wanted a Lilac Gray Vintage Lace and Pearl Themed Wedding.   RJ and I already had a video meeting with two wedding planners and so far both are promising.  Tonight, I scheduled two more. 

"Welcome to Kleinfeld's,  how can I help you?"  The receptionist greeted us.

"Hi! Yes,  we have an appointment for 2PM, under Maine Mendoza-Mancera."

"Oh yes! We are expecting you. Please have a seat right here while I call the consultant that is assigned to you."  The receptionist lead us to a small sitting area.

A consultant name Amanda came to help us with the dresses. When I told her that I am wearing a Valentino vintage dress, she was impressed.

She set us up on one of the plush couches in front of a huge floor length mirror. She took both girls in the fitting room to try the dresses she initially picked before our appointment.

I would really love that glass of champagne Amanda offered us, but baby here is more important. I rubbed my belly and sighed.

After parading a total of sixteen dresses Riza and April finally decided on a sweetheart sheath lace gown by Amsale. It was really a nice choice, so classy and the nice thing about it, is that it's available in a  shade close to lilac gray in the store. After measuring them to give it a nice fit, I paid for the dress and was promised that it will be available for pick up two days after New Years.