SEVEN

Maine

Why am I bothered that Alvin didn't answer my question?  I shouldn't,  but the fact that he is keeping something from me somehow disturbed me. 

Does he have trust issues like me? 

But didn't I just tell him my life story?

Maybe I am getting the wrong signal from him.  I thought that he is showing some interest.  He held my hand, hugged me twice and he wanted to spend time with me. This is the most intimate I've ever been with the opposite sex.  I am new to this kind of 'thing', but I know when someone is interested or not, or maybe I am mistaken.

And here's what I don't understand, if he's not interested, why is it that our hands are still laced together?  And now he is leading me towards the beach, which means that he doesn't want to end the day yet.

Oh men! I just really don't understand them.  And they said woman are peculiar.

We settled ourselves on the sand.  I removed Totoy's leash, expecting him to run towards the water, but instead he settled himself beside me too.

"Hey, I'm going to tell you, I promise you that."  He told me.

"Oh no, don't worry about it.  It's alright.  That's your story, it's for you to tell."  I said,  I know I am being a little sardonic, but that's what I am feeling right now. 

I am a little offended and  I am not denying that.

I look at Totoy who is lounging on the sand beside me. 

"Oh, are you tired sweetie?"  I picked him up and kissed his nose.

I look at Alvin and saw him pouting.

"Hey what's wrong?"  I asked.

"Nothing."  He shrugged.  I pat his arm and that earned me a smile. 

"Tell me, how is it like spending summer in the Philippines?"  I asked.   That's not a personal question and I know that he can answer that.

"Well, first of all, there's really no summer 'season' in the Philippines because it's summer all year round."  He kidded.

"Hmm,you're joking."  I teased, nudging him on his shoulder.

"Hey, I tried." 

"Is it really hot?" 

"Yes, really hot. But you know what?"

"What?"

"The beaches in the Philippines are great.  Maybe one day I can bring you there."  And now he's talking about the future!  Thinking of bringing me to the Philippines, one day.

"I would love that.  I have a colleague who went to Palawan and he said that it was awesome there."

"He?"  He asked, his question confusing me.

"Huh?"

"You said your colleague is a he."

"Yes, him and his wife went there as part of their Southeast Asian honeymoon."  I said, raising my eyebrows at him.  I really don'tunderstand what's going on.  Was he jealous?

"Oh."

"Yes, oh.  So have you been to Palawan?"  I asked.  His reactions are really beyond my understanding right now.

"Not yet, but I would love to go.  Hopefully with you."  He murmured the last part.  I heard what he said, but totally ignored it.  I don'twant to assume anymore and it's better this way.