TWENTY EIGHT

Alden

I'm not sure if Maine is okay or not. 

I see uncertainty in her eyes.  I hope she's not having second thoughts.

Why did I tag her in my post? I now regret doing that!  Well she'll find out eventually, knowing Audrey she'll read the comments and tell Maine for sure.

Why do my fans need to leave those comments anyway? Why can't they just be happy for me?  They keep on telling me before 'we want you to be happy',  'your happiness is our happiness', 'we hope you find a girlfriend soon' and more messages of concern.   But now that I am happy and found someone to love, they say otherwise. 

There's just no pleasing them, period.

I'm glad I do have a lot of fans that are truly happy for me.  Like the ones that met Maine this morning.  They don't even want a selfie with me, they want it with her! 

Maine is just a natural charmer.  She really gets along well with people and is not conceited, given her stature in life.  I remember when the fans inside the store started crowding us, she didn't even flinch, instead she embraced the experience and just went with the flow, thats what I love about her.

Well maybe she's telling the truth,  maybe she's really fine.  She did say she can take care of herself,  I know that's true.  But showbiz banters are different.  It does starts as regular banters but ends up being a personal derogation.   Although I know for a fact that even when they do a thorough research on her,  they won't find anything denunciatory.  In fact, most likely than not, when people learn about her background, people will instead say 'she could have done better.' 

Yes, she could have done better but hey, she chose me, so live with that!

"Babe?  Are you alright?"  I heard Maine ask.

"Huh?  Oh yes."  I replied,  nodding my head.

"You zone out on me for a bit there.  What were you thinking?" 

"I'm just thinking of our future together."  I lied, and I think she knows.

"Babe, don't worry okay? I will be alright."  She assures me.

"I love you, it's only right that I worry.   I don't want you hurting." 

"I'll get used to it.  It's always just the first blow that really gets you, you know.  Like it hits you square in the face. But after that, you'll learn and know how to position yourself, so the next time it's going to hit, you can just let it pass you." 

I look at her with pride in my eyes.  How can this petite girl who looks so fragile sitting in front of me have so much wisdom to share.  I know I will definitely learn a lot from her as we go along our journey together.  And I can't wait.

"Babe? Babe?" Maine said, cupping my cheeks.

"Huh?"

"You zoned out on me again.  What is it?"

"I'm sorry.  I am just really in awe.  I still can't believe that I found you, that you are wearing my ring, and you are carrying my baby."

"I know babe, me too!  Okay before you go into 'lala'- land again, let me get up so I can check the sinigang, I think the pork is tender now."