FOUR

Alden

My shirt is drenched with sweat.  I woke up at seven in the morning and decided to go for a run.  Walking around the neighborhood for last four days has gotten  me more familiarized with the streets and the area. 

I looked at my Garmin watch and realized that I have been running for an hour and have put in 16 miles.  Wow!  I didn't even thought that I can run that far.  It's is just so nice to run in this kind of weather -  mind free of anything negative and just enjoying this free time that I have. 

I am now on the southern part of the beach. I slowed down a little and admired the view. 

I am running on the edge of the beach.  Seagulls are squawking and flying above me.  The sun has completely risen but patches of clouds in the sky has given the morning a cooler breeze.  I passed by an older couple who is walking hand in hand and another runner, running in a decent speed.  When I saw the the Willow Mansion across the street coming to view, I started walking to slow down my heart rate. 

I never enjoyed this much freedom before. 

I am just a regular person here, no security on guard 24/7, no schedules that I need to follow, no media that bombards me with questions and no fans that would want photos every now and then. 

I sighed and sat down on the sand, thinking of  what if. 

What if I am not an actor? 

What am I doing right now?

What life am I living? 

Am I in the Philippines or will I be somewhere else? 

Would I be sitting here too thinking of what if?

"Totoy come back here!"  A yelling from the distance interrupted my reverie.

I lift my hand up to my eyes to shade it.  I see a small brown dog running my way and a woman running trying to catch it.

I scoop the dog up as soon as it reaches me, to prevent it from running any further.

"Totoy don't do that again!  You scared the heck out of me!"  She said, as she put both her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. 

I smiled, it's the lady with the kissable lips. She is wearing a long white flowing dress that shows off her bare shoulders and a wide brim straw hat.

"Thankyou.  Thank you for getting him.  I was so afraid he was going to run towards the street. His leash broke."  She said, showing me a broken leash.

"No worries."  I smiled, repeating the words she uttered when I was the one thanking her.

"Thank you again."  She looked at me and smiled.  And then she looked at me again, eyebrows squinching.

Oh no!  Did she recognize me?

"Wait,  aren't you the guy who asked me for directions the other day?"  She asked. 

I breathe a sigh of relief. 

So that's what she knows of me. 

Thank God!

"Yes, I am that guy.  Thank you.  If not for you, I probably am still looking for that house." I said, trying very hard to have a light conversation with kissable lips.

"Ha haha.  You are funny!"  She laughed.  I like the way she laughs, there's like a tiny snort at the end of the laugh that isn't recognizable but if you listen closely you'll hear it.