Fake Family

"I can't believe this Con, what are we going to do?" He sighed looking down at the gurgling little girl in her arms.
"Cope it's my default mode anyway" she smiled.
"But..." He began
"I know this is hard but what else can we do, she needs looking after and Grace will be back when she's ready. Until then we just have to make do the best we can" she sighed.

It had been a few days since she had left, they had managed a trip to the shops quite easily, they had bought a few bit she would need.
"Omg Connie how cute is this one?"'he grinned holding up the baby jacket.
"I think she's got enough now, I'm going to be broke" she smirked.
"Well I did offer to pay aswell" he said cheerfully.
"I know and I love you because you did. But I'm not letting you pay. I've seen your wage slips" she laughed.
"Oh have you now, well technically we share it all now your my wife" he grinned.
"Very true, maybe we should look a joint account, while we're here" she said as she kissed his lips.
"I was joking con" he frowned, he didn't want her thinking he was angling after anything.
"I'm not" she began stroling out of the shops, "are you coming?" She called noticing he wasn't following.
"Umm just a minuite" he grinned holding up the jacket and heading to the tills.
"Sorry I couldn't resist, she will look adorable, won't you sweetheart" he stroked her cheek, as she sat happily in the sling across Connies chest.

"Did you have one of these for Grace? He motioned to the sling, they are a brilliant invention" he said wrapping his hand around her waist as the walked.
"No, it kind of took me a while to take to motherhood, I wasn't hands on straight away. I think the reality scared me to begin with but I found my feet. With this one it just seems to come so much more naturally" she cooed looking at her peaceful granddaughter.
"We need to give her a name really. I was hoping Grace would be back, but as Zoe's agreed to let her stay for a few weeks I doubt she will come back until she's ready. Now she's quite comfortable in the sun" she couldn't hide the resentment.
"Give her some time, maybe we could ring her tomorrow and talk about things, names ect".
"Yeah if she will talk to me" Connie groaned.
"Well she will when she's ready, in some ways it shows how much she trusts you to leave her with you" he said softly.
"I suppose" she smiled weakly, "it's just I wish she would grow up, this is what she always does runs away from a problem".
"Not to dissimilar to her mother then, other than she chooses the sun over the ED" he smirked.
"Hey" she swatted him playfully.

"Right well that's the bank sorted, "so Mr Masters lunch before we head back?" She suggested.
"Read my mind, she's no trouble at all either" he grinned.
"Not currently she's due to wake up, no doubt as soon as lunch is served" she smirked.
She as right just as her salad arrived the tiny cries were admitted around the restraunt.
"Hey sweat pea, it's ok I've got you" she cooed as she rocked her before having a bottle heated, she fed her as Jacob took great pleasure in feeding her mouthfuls of salad.
"Stop laughing at me" she smirked, "I'm hungry".
"Shall I take her" he offered as she was passed to him, he held her in the crook of his elbow as he rocked gently eating his garlic bread.
"Isn't she beautiful" the waitress smiled sweetly, "your a beautiful family".
"We're.." Jacob stuttered unsure what to say.
"Thank you" Connie smiled confidently.

"Home?" She yawned as they exited the restaraunt picking up all the bags they had accumulated.
"Yep, naps around" he grinned.
He hadn't meant it but they had found themselves asleep on the sofa, the baby in her Moses basket. The last few days had been exhausting and their challenges were no doubt just beginning.
She stretched rubbing her eyes as she took in her surroundings, she felt Jacob shift against her, "afternoon beautiful" he kissed her neck a smile curving across her lips.
"Afternoon" she grinned turning carefully so not to fall off as she finally faced him, his lips nearing her in a soft delicate kiss.
"I needed that" she sighed.
"Well you were tierd I think we all are" he stroked her hair from her face.
"I meant the kiss" she chuckled.
"So any ideas what you'd like to do in your refreshed state" he winked.
"Ha ha nice try" she smirked pulling back, "she will be a wake soon".
"Maybe but ... His hand slipped into her trousers. "Doesn't mean I can't indulge you first" he claimed her lips again as she groaned.

He shuffled her trousers down enough to easily slip into her underwear, her eyes growing dark as she felt his fingertips across her Clit.The instant pool of wetness at his touch, "Jacob, she's going to wake up" she groaned half distracted.
"I'll get to the point then" he smirked nipping at her neck as his fingers traced forcefully across her sensitive folds, feeling her breathe catch in her throat as his fingers lowered and dipped inside her.
"Oh my god" she panted as she widened her legs to allow him more access, "that feels so good" she moaned her head falling into his chest as his fingers flexed roughly. He could feel her clamping around his long dexterous fingers as he thrust them inside her harder and she came hard on his hand.
He stroked her sensitively before removing his fingers and licking them, "Mmm" he moaned before claiming her lips.
"God I love you, and I love it when you do that. You'll see we will make this work you and me" he kissed her again, as she cuddled into him. They were allowed a few minuites silence before cries came from the basket across the room.

"I'll get her" Jacob offered picking her up, "hello georgeous, did you have a nice sleep. Mummy did" he stopped looking at Connie. "Sorry it just kind of slipped out"he said embrassed as he sat beside her.
"It's okay, walking around to day I imagined she was ours, how wonderful it would be if she was. But this way I suppose we get the benefits of when grace is back, we have all the lovely moment without the sleepless nights, and all the time in the world to do all the naughty things I want to without her to disrupt us" she smiled.
"Yes there is that" he said playfully.

"Right I'm going to Ring Charlie, I needed to explain what's happening and that I won't be at work for a while. So I need to sort something out" she stood up kissing his lips. "You ok for a bit?" She asked as he held her.
"Of course, take your time Sweetcheeks, we will cope won't we" he spoke looking down at the small brown pools that starred at him. "Right shall we change you, yes I can smell you from here. How someone so small can smell so much I don't know" he continued to chat away to her as she left the room.

"Yes thank you Charlie, ok yes we will see you in a few hours" she hung up.
"Sorted?" He asked looking up as she came into the kitchen.
"Yeah I think so... He's going to pop by after his shift anyway so he can meet her and well be filled in properly.
He nodded, "well I've luckily got not Uni for the next few weeks and not that many shifts, so I'll be around to help you. We can see it as some quality time for us aswell without work and exams and melodramas to get in the way" he pulled her in closer as they both starred at the little girl asleep in the bouncer.

Connie sighed loudly "I do kind of get why she needed time, but I don't understand how she can leave her. I'm scared..." She confessed hiding in his chest.
"Of what?" He asked stroking her long thick hair softly.
"Everything, that I won't do a good enough job for her, or that I will and when grace comes back I'll find it hard to hand her back. Or if she's doesn't come back and we have to do this for however long. Or she comes back and takes her away... Of everything really... I don't know, it's all a little overwhelming. A month ago we thought she was yours and Grace wouldn't let us be apart of it, and now she's not but she's just dumped her with us. I mean she less than a week old Jacob and she's so tiny and fragile, especially with being so early. She's got her check it tomorrow and Grace isn't here for any of it".

"I know it's a lot but your Connie Beauchamp if anyone can make this work you can, you'll do amazing job because I can see you love her already, and you've done this before. And how ever it works out we will make it work for everyone. Most of all for this little one" he smiled stroking her little tiny foot, watching as she flexed it in her sleep at his touch.
"I suppose although your wrong on one thing!" She frowned.
He watched her lift her head and smile their eyes meeting, "I'm not A Beauchamp, I'm a Masters" she smirked claiming his lips passionately. "And it's the best thing I ever did!"