Late

Here's the next update xxx

"So wanna meet up again" he asked as she poured him some coffee as they sat in the breakfast bar.
"Yeah sounds good" she smiled. She wasn't one for one night stands but she'd been so drunk last night she hadn't really thought about. But he seemed nice they got on so she was happy he hadn't just used her.
"Maybe Friday?" He asked timidly not wanting to sound too keen.
"Yeah I'd love that maybe dinner, we kind of skipped the whole dating side of things last night" she smirked.
"Yeah and this morning" he chuckled.
He'd left around four she smiled, her mum had been right she'd gone back to bed and neither waking until about 1 then they had the awquard morning sex to break the ice. Which had been bloody amazing if she was honest, he was seriously fit and God did he know what he was doing.

"Hi" Connie called as she entered the house, noticing how clean it was she smiled.
"So out of your pit then" she laughed, "and alone I'm guessing" she laughed at her daughters embrassment.
"Yeah sorry again about that, won't happen again" she said smiling at her mums warming smile.
"So who is he, a boyfriend, a friend a one night stand?" She smirked, "come on I at least want the gossip" she grinned.
Grace grimaced they didn't rele do this kind of chat, "come on I'm not a prude, god if you'd met me 20 years ago you'd have been horrified I'm sure".
Grace smiled feeling more relaxed, "well I was quite drunk, it was a dare to kiss the first guy they picked. So I did and then we spent most of the night together and well I guess he ended up coming back. But he's really nice were meeting Friday again so we will see" she finished.
"He's cute" Connie replied burying herself in the fridge, "although I probably saw more than I should this morning, he looks older than you though" she said a little more seriously.
"He's only 23 so not much older, but it's early days mum. So what do you want for dinner?".

Friday arrived and Grace was getting extremely wound up by the fact her phone had just died, and she was currently stuck on the motorway in traffic that looked like it went on for miles. She cursed herself looking at her watch she had 2 hours before Jacob was due to turn up to pick her up.
She knew it was a bad idea she'd only done it out of obligation as her friend had done the same for her. A quick drop of at the airport which should have take an hour had already taken over 2 and now to top it off her phone had died. She huffed as she rolled down the window on the warm summer evening, sighing she turned the radio up.

"Jacob" Connie said suprised as she opened the door.
"Connie" he smiled nice to see you again" he grinned.
"Um Grace isn't here" Connie offered "I'm assuming your here for her she said you were meeting".
"Yeah she said 6.30".
"Well I'm sure she's in her way I'll ring her", she tried. "It's going straight to voice mail, you can come in and wait if you like" she smiled letting him in fully.
"So...." Jacob said tapping his fingers against the work surface a little nervously.
"Relax I won't bite, I'm not as grumpy when I'm not up in the middle of the night for work" she smiled trying to reassure him.
"What do you do?" He asked watching her.
"I'm a surgeon well I was now I work at the Emergency Deoartment at Holby I'm the Clinical lead"
"Arh make sense your the boss lady" he grinned.
She raised an eyebrow playfully, "yes I like it. Would you like a drink, I've got wine".
"Yeah that be nice, thanks" he took it appreciatively.
"So what do you do?" She asked sitting opposite him, watching him.
"Well I'm training at the moment, I want to be a nurse. But I'm only a year in so have to see if I have what it takes, but always handy to know people in high places" he winked.
She flushed a little, he definateky was a charmer.
"Yes prehaps, so do you live at the Uni?, God med school was a laugh but bloody hard work. Enjoy the first year it's the easiest" she grinned.
"Yeah all good so far, no I don't though. My mums Ill suffers from MS so I try to be at home to help my dad out. It was easier  to stay living at home to help out".
She smiled at him, not many young men would put the care of an ill parent above their social life. She respected that, she found the more she knew the more she thought he'd be a good match for Grace.
"Arh that's very good of you, I'm sure she's happy to have you at home".

"So what about you? Is there a Mr Beachaump" He asked.
"No there was but I've not had much luck with men, I'm hard work. I work a lot and I don't suffer fools so nope just me and Grace" she smiled a little sadly.
"I see" he offered her a kind smile.
"Sorry don't know why I offered all that up, I don't talk about myself much. Sorry" she flushed a deeper red.
"No it's fine, Well you have a lovely home. This house is amazing I'm in love with this kitchen" he smiled looking up at the high ceilings and modern design.
"Thanks I like it, although I rarely cook in it".
"I love cooking" Jacob laughed, "don't know why but I find it really relaxing".
"Lucky you, I can burn toast" she laughed.
"I'm sure your exaggerating" he laughed.
"I'm really not" she grinned.

8.30 "shit he's go going to think I've stood him up, she panicked as she finally pulled into the drive.
"Mum, mum" she called walking though the house quickly.
"Yes love" a shout came from the garden.
"Has Jacob called my phone died and the traffic was murder" she called reaching the patio doors.
"Yes he turned up" she grinned as he turned from the chair behind her.
"Hey, there's fashionably late and being stood up kind of late" he smirked kindly at her.
"I'm sorry that bloody traffic in the M1 nearly 5 hours to go to the airport and back. I swear I'm never doing it again, but I see mums made you welcome" she laughed as she sat down next to him.
"Yes very hospitable, we've had a good natter haven't we Connie. A slightly better scenario for a meeting than the first" he flashed her a warm smile.
"Yes indeed" she laughed.
"You've been here for 2 hours waiting for me?" She asked a little confused he would and that her mum would have welcomed it.
"Well yeah we got chatting and lost track of time, I'd hoped you hadn't stood you up. We guessed traffic".
"Right ok, Well I'll go get changed and we can go if you still want to?" Grace replied.
"Ok babe".

20 minutes later she reappeared, "ready to go" she asked holding out a hand helping him up.
"Yep 2 hours ago but now is fine too" he grinned.
"Well Connie it was lovely to meet you properly, and thank you for putting up with me for so long. Enjoy the rest of your evening I'll get her back to you in one piece.
He smiled at her and she smiled back, as he took Graces hand and let her lead him to the front door.