Study

It's late so apologizes If there are more mistakes than usual. This updates a little more light hearted. X

It had been three weeks since Jacob had moved in and since Grace had come clean about the baby. They had been getting on the best anyone could expect, and finally Grace had started to let her in a bit. They'd spent a weekend painting and organizing the baby's room. They had decided on a white room with lots of colorful pieces added to it. Jacob had helped to do the heavy lifting and assembling and on that particular day they'd all got on great. She knew Jacob had found it hard adjusting from thinking this baby would be his, but he covered it the best he could not to dampen the mood.

She had been thankful today had been quite peaceful, some grocery shopping and a walk and now a cosy night in. She needed it the last few months had been exhausting.
"Baby" he smiled.
"Yes" she smirked as he wrapped his hands around her waist, "you know I love you" he smiled against her neck.
"Yes. What have you done" she smirked knowing this tone all too well.
"Well I've explained to my mum about the baby, she's dissapoint she's not going to be grandma but she's still bugging for us to go over. So I kind of agreed me and you would go to hers for dinner tomorrow" he said quickly like ripping off a plaster. "It's been nearly two months since you became my wife and she still hasn't met you properly... So..." He raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"Umm well it's overdue isn't it" she smiled turning to face him, "she seemed lovely and I have kind of stolen you. But if we're going to dinner tomorrow, tonight you need to study" she said sternly.
"But Sweetcheeks" he began to argue, "that's the deal take it or leave it" she smirked at his expression.
"Okay" he sighed.
"I'll go out give you some peace, no distractions" she smiled reassuringly.
"No!.. I mean please don't I'll work better if your here. You can help me if I need you too, come snuggle with me il do some on the sofa" he suggested.
She wanted to argue that wasn't the kind of studying she would agree with but she knew it was futile and he was was more relaxed than she was.
"Ok but if your not doing it, I'm going out" she replied in her Connie Beauchamp voice.

A while after they had settled on the sofa her feet tucked across his lap, his head in a text book.
She couldn't help smile at him as she watched his concentration in the chapter he was reading. "Connie" he smiled turning to look at her, "hmmm" she smirked.
"One stop staring and two can you help me with this. It asks in an RTC with complications it is a matter of putting demands in order of priority. Death from trauma occurs in 3groups.

Immediate - e.g aortic deceleration injury, severe head injury
Early - eg hypoxia and hypovolaemia
Delayed - eg sepsis, multiple organ failure
Triage is used to divide the injured into 4 colour-coded groups. I know the first three:

"Immediate - colour code RED: will die in a few minutes without treatment, eg obstructed airway, tension pneumothorax
Urgent - colour code YELLOW: may die in an hour or two without treatment.
Delayed - colour code GREEN: can wait, eg minor fractures

Is the fourth Blue -That there fine, need very little to no treatment? I can't remember "He asked.
She smiled "well technically there's should be 5 because yes that should be one, but no the last one is white for Dead at scene".
"Arh yes, ok should have thought about that" he returned his head to the book.

"Jacob do You know I'm very proud of you still carrying on with your studies with everything that's been going on" she smiled.
"Well let's hope I pass them" he grimaced.
"Of course you will especially with all the hands on training you've had not many can say they have had much beyond their placements. I've watched you your a natural, I often forget your not trained entirely yet. People in the department feel safe in your abilities to do a good job. Have a little faith in yourself" she smiled stroking his arm.
"Well I wouldn't want to dissapoint you" he grinned, "if I failed I couldn't pester you at work, and I love the time we have together then. I can't wait for the winter break do you think I could up my shifts even if it's more a HCA capacity?".
"I'm sure I could manouvre something to that affect" she smiled making him grin.
"God what did I do to deserve you" he stroked her cheek tenderly.
"Your just lucky I guess" she bit her lip cheekily.
"I'm not disputing that Sweetcheeks. I feel like I won the lottery" he gazed at her. His eyes drifting to the clock, he'd been busy studying for the last four hours. "I didn't realize it was so late, how about I forget the theory and work on some practical anatomy study" he winked.
She could help the laugh that echoed around the room, "smooth Masters, very smooth" she chuckled as he moved closer.
"Is that a yes?" He purred.
"It's always a yes!" She smirked.

They locked up and headed upstairs, noticing Graces light was still on, she'd been up here most of the day but She hadn't pressured her. Some days she was more social than others. She'd come up after dinner and left them to it, which in some ways had been nice.
She would speak to her tomorrow, "Jacob put me down" she said attempting to be quite, as he lifted her up and carried her into the bedroom putting her on the bed. Moving back to shut the door and pull his top over his head.
"Now where were we, yes you were going to help my with my studies" he winked diving for the bed and her as she squealed playfully.
"Who knew you were so keen to study" she laughed.
"Always eager to learn, sweetcheeks. Especially when it involves you naked and begging beneath me" he smirked.
"Who said anything about begging" she eyed him playfully.
"Previous study" he grinned.