High Ho It's Off To Work We go ... (Christmas Again part 2)

“Come on guys move it!” Ziva yelled down the hall from the kitchen.

Skylar skipped into the kitchen already dressed in her Mrs. Claus outfit. “Morning!”

Ziva looked her up and down. “Nice costume. Where’s everyone else?”

“On their way down,” Skylar told her as she poured a glass of orange juice and drank it.

Ziva opened her mouth to ask when they were coming down, but as she did the others came into the kitchen all set to leave for the mall and work. She turned to them. “It’s about time you guys! We’re gonna be late!” She turned away to grab her keys off the hook by the door and grumbled as she yanked open the door out to the garage.

Stevie tapped at his iPad and followed her out. “Wow, someone is cranky this morning.”

The others followed behind them and they piled into the cars to head to the mall. Ziva climbed behind the wheel of her car and waited as Craig climbed in beside her. A’Cadia, Stone, Mellissa, Nixon, and Stevie, were also riding in her car. The others were in Skylar’s car.

She turned slightly to look back at Mellissa where she sat beside Stone; somehow, A’Cadia had ended up in the third row seat next to Stevie. “Why is Nixon coming with?”

With a grin, she pulled out a headband with antlers on them and stuck them on Nixon. “Because he’s one of Santa’s reindeer! Duh!”

“Riiiiight,” Ziva replied and turned to face front while turning the key in the ignition to start the car. She followed Skylar out of the garage. Before long, they were on the highway heading for the mall, Nixon had his head out the window, eyes partially closed, fur blowing in the wind, and his tongue hanging out. They had only been on the highway for few minutes when Nixon suddenly leapt out the window.

 Mellissa screamed and leaned out the window. “TUCK AND ROLL NIXON! TUCK AND ROLL!”

“Oh my God I can’t believe he did that.” A’Cadia was twisted around in the seat to stare out the back window.

Mellissa was still leaning out the window. “Ziva, we have to go back and get him!”

“What? Are you nuts? We’re on the highway! It’s six lanes!”

“Ziiiiiiiivvva!” Mellissa whined.

“Fine, fine, I’ll pull over. But I can’t exactly turn around. You’ll have to walk back and find him.”

A’Cadia snorted as they took off their seatbelts and got out of the car. “Don’t expect much he just jumped out of a car doing like seventy. He’s probably hamburger meat.”

Mellissa made a distressed sound as she ran back along the shoulder. Ziva shot A’Cadia a look. “Nice one Kitty Girl scare her why don’t you.”

Mellissa suddenly yelled happily and dropped to her knees.

They all stopped dead and stared at Mellissa hugging a filthy Nixon sitting there panting on the shoulder of the highway. A’Cadia shook her head. “I don’t believe it. He’s perfectly fine.”

Mellissa sat back on her heels and wagged a finger at Nixon. “Don’t you ever do that again Nixon! What were you thinking?”

He cocked his head to the side and stared at Mellissa for several seconds. After a minute, she shook her head. “I don’t care if you saw a squirrel! You can’t jump out of a moving car, besides now you’re all dirty and the stupid thing got away anyway!”

“Come on let’s get back to the car, we’re gonna be late.” Ziva turned away and started to walk back. The others followed behind her. Mellissa and Nixon last in line, Mellissa admonishing Nixon for his leap out the window, mostly because he’d lost his antlers.