Welcome To Death's Door!

****AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay so this took me a while to type out because my arm is still healing, but it's finally here! hope you guys like it!! This is not a chapter that I originally planned for the book, but one I think is needed since we don't know all that much about Death's bandmates! In this chapter Death gets interviewed for Guitar World magazine and Skylar plans a little "launch party" for the issue of the magazine when it hits newstands. So of course the entire band has to be there! RIGHT?? Prepare to meet DEATH'S DOOR!****

Skylar came running into the living room and skidded to a stop. "Oh my God guys, you'll never guess what happened!"

Ziva heaved a sigh and shot A'Cadia a long-suffering look. "No, we probably won't so why don't you just tell us before we die of curiosity."

Skylar let out an excited squeal and when she spoke; her voice went up several octaves. "Death scored an interview with Guitar World magazine for next month's issue! I am so going to throw a party for the release of the issue! Oh, oh, oh and I'll invite the entire band! It will be so much fun!"

"Oh my god you're right it will be! We simply cannot wait!" Ziva replied being certain to match Skylar's overly excited fangirl squeal.

A'Cadia smothered her laughter by disguising it as a cough and lowering her head so Skylar couldn't see her smile. Not that she noticed she was too busy muttering to herself about party plans.

"I need to go start ordering stuff! This is going to be so awesome!" She gave another squeal and raced from the room, passing Mellissa and her posse on the way out.

"What's Skylar all squirrel tail fluffed about?" Mellissa asked.

"Guitar World magazine interviewed Death and now she wants to throw a party to celebrate," A'Cadia answered.

"Oh cool, he's hit the big time!" Mellissa tapped at her chin with an index finger for a moment before she turned to Stevie. "Stevie, we need to make a few plans. Let's go."

Once they were gone, A'Cadia looked at Ziva. "That doesn't bode well for the future of Skylar's party."

Ziva nodded in agreement. If Mellissa was planning something Skylar should be prepared, then again it could be fun to watch things unfold.

***

Skylar danced around the room, humming as she put up black and red crepe paper streamers. She turned and smiled at Stone as he entered the room. "Oh Stone, can you and A'Cadia please go and pick up the balloons I ordered from the party store! Please!"

"Sure, no problem." He smiled as Skylar handed over the receipt for the balloons so he had the name and address of the store and the order number. Then he went in search of A'Cadia.

"Wow Skylar this place looks great!"

"Thanks Craig! I totally had to beg the magazine for a copy of the cover so I could have it blown up to poster size, but it will so be worth it!" She pointed to an easel in the corner with a large poster on it covered with a white sheet.

"Hey, I'm sure Death will love everything you've done. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"I am so glad you asked! Can you go pick up the cake for me?"

"Sure no problem!"

"You are a total life saver! Thanks Craig! Take Ziva with you 'cause it's a huge cake." She rummaged through her pile of receipts and gave him the one for the cake. "Thanks again Craig!"

"Seriously, it's no problem Skylar. You always take on way too much."

"I just want everything to be perfect for Death! This article will be so huge for the band! I mean Guitar World! It will be major exposure for them!"