a little party never killed nobody

Wish you were sober - Conan Grey
"'Real sweet, but I wish you were sober."

Chapter Nineteen
Carissa

"Please, please please..."

"No."

Don't ask me.
Don't ask me.
Don't ask me.

"Everyone is going!"

Don't ask me.
Don't ask me.
Don't ask me.

"Nop."

Don't ask me.
Don't ask me.
Don't—

I felt my heart slightly stop as Gwen turned towards me, Ellie quickly blocked her. A sight of relief exited my body.

"Nice try," Ellie said as she hand signal her to back off. "Go-go."

We were in the middle of P.E. waiting our turn to run through some circuit without any specific reason. P.E. was the only class the three of us shared. So, Gwen spent must of P.E. updating us with harmless school's gossip. It was mostly about couples she had managed to set them up. Or friends she wanted to hook us up with. Or parties she tried to convince us to go.

"It'll be fun! I promise!"

"Fun?" A sarcastic loud laughter exited Ellie mouth. "Yeah, it was real fun having me keep you from mashing your face to the ground."

"It's called drunk catch. We can switch roles, if you want. I can catch you this time."

"Now why would I purposely trip myself just so someone catches me?"

"You say that cause you've never tried it. It's fun when you're drunk." Gwen said as she rolled her eyes, she had her arms crossed like a little kid about to throw a tantrum. "Come on," she pouted as she stomped her feet. "We haven't been together to a party since forever. It's the party. Everyone is going. It's going to be amazing!"

She shook her head stubbornly, "With you, parties becoming babysitting."

"I promise I won't drink! Please. Ugh, It's Friday, you million year old grandmother!"

"Ugh," Ellie teased Gwen faking utter delight. "I can't wait to be at bed at," she glanced at her Apple Watch and mouthed slowly. "nine."

Ellie and Gwen were having a stare down. Gwen squinted her eyes, defyingly looking right back at Ellie. Ellie titled her head slightly, she could sense something was coming. For sure, we knew that face.

"Gwen..." Ellie worded out carefully. She was trying to find a mid point.

It was too late.

"No questions-asked-favor-wild card!"

Ellie extended her arms and activated her fits trying to manage her frustration. She walked it out.

"You can't use it on me." I warned Gwen, "You have already used mine."

"A little party never killed nobody, Ellie." Gwen called her out. "Besides, I heard some really pretty girls talking about you whom conveniently happen to be coming tonight..."  Gwen had been obsessed about playing matchmaker with Ellie for the past two weeks.

"Don't push it. Either we go to the party or you play matchmaker. You can't do both."

"Ellie, you're like a total heartthrob what is there to be ashamed of?"